iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » RAD (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: RAD
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie:
you would think that after all these years and in this age of blu-ray, plus the high demand for this movie to have a dvd relase, it would have come out by now!!
i don't understand it. i mean, WHY NOT??

Ronnie.. there is Thunder In Your Heart and I love it! [Cool]

John Farnham - Thunder In Your Heart

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I broke out my bike today for the first time in a few years.. and while I almost killed myself.. listening to tunes from the movie on my ipod while riding was such an adrenaline blast.

So to finish the day right.. I'll be watching "RAD" tonight!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We need pix or it didn't happen, Valley! [Smile]
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Secret Admirer:
We need pix or it didn't happen, Valley! [Smile]

Seems rather odd that you want a picture of me watching "RAD" on my tv, but if that's what it takes to prove it.. I'll work on it.

btw, to keep from being the total 80's geek and talk of my neighborhood.. I did reframe from wearing my newly acquired "Rad T-shirt" will riding yesterday.

-

maybe next time.. [Razz]

Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never ever seen Rad! I know I know.....I'll get on that this week [Big Grin]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want that tshirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley, I'm pleased to see that you got your "Rad" T-shirt.

I hope that you like it.

I'm off to watch "Rad" now! [Smile]

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
I've never ever seen Rad! I know I know.....I'll get on that this week [Big Grin]

almost as bad as me not seeing weird science...almost. Tutt Tutt
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tutt tutt I know I know! I do think you not seeing Weird Science is a worse sin though. [Smile]

Ok I watched Rad yesterday and I LOVED it!!!

you guys talking about the dance/bike sequence to "Send Me an Angel" and how cheesy awesome it was......didn't even set me up for how CHEESY AWESOME IT WAS! Christian was rocking some boots on that bike too......Bart and the twins dance had me smiling also.

I also want to point out how many cuss words there were in this family film haha the lil sis alone said 5 of them I think........A date with *** sliding would be awesome don't ya think?

My cool video store requires a deposit to rent Rad but they waived it for me cause i'm that cool [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
I was looking for a cool pic of the dance but found this and might listen to it soon and get back to you guys [Smile]

http://www.thejay.com/2007/03/22/bill-allen-popload/

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone mentioned Airbourne. I think a double feature release of RAD/Airbourne would be cool. It'd sorta make for a good 80's/90's family film combo.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An interview with Bill Allen about "RAD."

http://www.bmxtreme.com/interview/crujones.htm

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
LWC that was great! especially the bit with the questions at the end...........at least Cru knew his first lines in the movie...haha what a way to "geek out" on a actor [Smile]

I still want a Rad Racing t-shirt!

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Muffy has joined the RAD team!

I'm stoked that so many people have checked it out and most have enjoyed it.

Great interview links..

I actually just stopped by the thread to click on the "Thunder In Your Heart" link above to listen to while I'm on The Rewind!

Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
I've so joined the Rad team....I want ankle boots and a bmx bike for Chirstmas this year so I can pull off what Christian did!
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
Looking in on this thread and I thought that I might stop and have a listen to John Farnham, "Thunder In Your Heart," as well.

I'm delighted that you like the interview. [Smile]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just watched this for the first time,must say i really liked it,i never knew hal needham directed it,so when i saw his name come up on the credits i knew there would be some great bmx stunt work on show which there was.

i've always liked lori loughlin and when you think during the 80s she starred in the likes of amityville 3(stinker!) and the new kids then followed them up with the likes of secret admirer and here in rad ,it showed what a versatile young actress she was.

also really liked the soundtrack especially john farnham's opening track break the ice,very cool!
did think talia shire's part amounted to next to nothing , but then again do you really want to see much of her in a movie about bmx riding -no, not really!

[ 13. August 2011, 13:18: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I swear, I don't know what happened the day I finally watched this movie. I remember thinking to myself.. "uhhh.....".. I just couldn't get into it, and when the bike dance scene came on, I almost had to leave..I felt embarrassed for some reason? That bummed me out.

BUT

I am going to give it another try sometime soon. *crosses fingers*

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You needed to see this movie as a kid to have the proper appreciation for it Ronnie. I know I may have had the same negative reaction if I hadn't enjoyed it so much as a youngster. But then again, being the BMX bandit that I was..I probably still would have liked it. True, the movie obviously doesn't hold the same level of captivity it did when I was a rabid BMX'er...but it still has it's special place with me regardless.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A VHS copy sold on Ebay for $76 yesterday.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Kreese
Master Rewinder
Member # 9369

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for John Kreese   Email John Kreese   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gotta go back:
A VHS copy sold on Ebay for $76 yesterday.

no way. why would anyone pay that much for vhs? I bought an excellent widescreen/anamorphic Rad dvd for a few bucks not too long ago.
Posts: 144 | Registered: Jan 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably a collector John Kreese. It said it was MINT condition. Quite a few VHS sold between $18-40 recently. 2 different DVD sold at $25 and $32(soundtrack included). I have been selling hard to find VHS (including a few copies of RAD for $25-30) for several years and it baffles people and myself sometimes when they hear how much people will give for a VHS video.

Just goes to show how sought after a copy of RAD is ay.

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Kreese
Master Rewinder
Member # 9369

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for John Kreese   Email John Kreese   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gotta go back:
Probably a collector John Kreese. It said it was MINT condition. Quite a few VHS sold between $18-40 recently. 2 different DVD sold at $25 and $32(soundtrack included). I have been selling hard to find VHS (including a few copies of RAD for $25-30) for several years and it baffles people and myself sometimes when they hear how much people will give for a VHS video.

Just goes to show how sought after a copy of RAD is ay.

yeah I just don't understand paying that much for a bad quality tape that's just going to degrade over time.

There are a couple high quality dvd versions of Rad out there if you know where to look.

Posts: 144 | Registered: Jan 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home