iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Modern Girls DVD????? Please!!!!!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Modern Girls DVD????? Please!!!!!!!!!
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In one more futile attempt...I am posting my plea for a Modern Girls DVD release.

I NEED this movie on disc. My VHS is shot and I can watch this endlessly!!

Maybe someone who holds the rights to the movie will stumble across our site and see my deperate cry for a DVD release...

Come on dudes...do the right thing...MG on DVD!!!!

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree. it would be nice to see the movie on dvd, with some extras- like interviews with the gals INCLUDING clayton rohner, some commentary and a piece on the music as well.

see? if we can come up with this, so can the dvd gods. [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have it! I have it! (be it on VHS, but still)
I'm so happy I finaly was able to see this movie thanks to Nowherebear above. [Wink]

I never saw it before but it already has become one of my favorites.
You have my vote as well.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you are more than welcome, i knew you would love it! [Big Grin]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always hear people talking about this one, but have never seen it. I'll put it on my list...should be easy to find, right? Ha ha...I'll check ebay and see how much the VHS will cost.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Missie
MadonnaWannabee
Member # 2186

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Missie   Author's Homepage   Email Missie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never seen it, either....and I love Virginia Madsen. Weird that it got by me.

Hang tight, though, Cindy, I used to complain that Solarbabies wasn't on dvd and one day, on a whim, I decided to check Amazon, and BAM, there it was....so there is hope after all!

Missie

Posts: 432 | From: Burbank, CA | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know these double feature DVD's give me a little hope. I really wish they could put this and Wild Life on one. Anyways, Cindi if you know a petition we could sign let me know.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Cindy, I'm in agreement on "Modern Girls". This movie totally captures the 80's club scene and it has a stellar cast with Clayton Rohner, Daphne Zuniga, Virginia Madsen, and Cynthia Gibb.

And the soundtrack is incredible with my fav tune being "Passion" by Lions and Ghosts. btw, where is Bruno X when you need him?

-

Not to rub it in, but I have it saved in HD on my recorder and it is awesome! But I agree with NowhereGirl too, it would be nice to have an official DVD release with commentary.

kevdugp73 and Missie, this movie is a must for your list.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

same here valley.. i too have it in my recorder HD. i have an excellent vhs copy but fear that it won't last long. [Frown]

a double disc with wilf life and modern girls would be too good to be true. talk about a double whammy!

journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a personal favorite of mine too. When you think about all the garbage they do release, it's really disheartening to see real gems like this just gathering dust in the vaults.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home