iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Hot Pursuit

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hot Pursuit
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Hot Pursuit" is one of those beach/action movies that can't make up its mind, still I really enjoy watching it occasionally.

If you are a John Cusack fan or like the song "Lion Sleeps Tonight" this is a movie for you. It is definitely an early John Cusack endeavor and unfortunately not in the league of "Say Anything", but it's quite entertaining.

-

Our boy Dan is an unlucky prep school kid whose plans to join his girlfriend, Lori, and her family on a Caribbean cruise. Things go haywire when he misses the flight because of a failed Chemistry exam. Now to catch up, he'll have to foil pirates, drug runners, and shady islanders. Good luck on your quest young Dan.

[ 17. April 2009, 12:18: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A fun movie, I seem to recall Ben Stiller looking scary in this movie.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good movie.
Yeah, it was nice to see Ben in one of his early roles.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Always a great movie to watch. The scenes at the beach resort have Keith David (They Live) in them. Also Jerry and Ben Stiller are in the movie.
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lloyd_Dobler
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7119

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Lloyd_Dobler   Email Lloyd_Dobler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this movie at the drive-in. This movie made "lessons in love" by level 42 one of my favorite songs to reminisce about the 80s to.
Posts: 64 | From: Renton, WA | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought Hot Pursuit was one of those movies that should have been great, but ultimately fell flat. It has some good moments, but just misfires too much. It winds up being kind of a lightweight Honeymoon in Vegas.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what so great about 'The Rewind', you find new old movies. I've just realised that although I've seen a lot of 80s movies, I've seen a lot of the same ones over and over again, so this is new to me; will have to seek it out.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought Wendy Gazelle (the girlfriend) was very pretty in this movie. I saw her years later in The Net, and, she looked different to me...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jdoc, I thought the exact same thing. She was majorly cute in "Hot Pursuit". I realize her character in "The Net" was suppose to be from the rough side of the tracks, but I kept watching her saying.. "I know that girl from somewhere."

I thought she was good in "The In Crowd" as the next door neighbor. Another underrated flick.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
Isn't it weird how much her look changed in so short of a time?

Graveyard shift2 1991:
 -

The Net 1995:

-

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She almost looks like two different people there, wonder what happened?

I haven't watched Hot Pursuit in years, it's about even as One Crazy Summer on the John Cusack scale. I remember Ben Stiller looking a bit freaky looking in it, guess he was so young. Funny how many Hot movies there were like Hot Pursuit, Hot Chili, Hot Moves, Hot Resort. Crazy.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow too much partying maybe? she looks alot older doesn't she?
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Pooh
Master Rewinder
Member # 5798

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Princess Pooh   Email Princess Pooh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think she looks ok. We forget they can make you look like anything in a movie, make up works wonders. It's nice to see someone who's not fake and botoxed up.
Posts: 156 | From: London | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
It is around 70 degrees here and the weather is beautiful for the first time in awhile. So as soon as I can sneak out of work, I'm breaking out the convertible for a spin. Then later I plan on watching "Hot Pursuit" and maybe a little "C0cktail".

"What you see is what you get."

pork pie mcfly

Member # 6802

54 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pork pie mcfly   Email pork pie mcfly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a huge John Cusack fan I like most of his movies but I must say 'Hot Pursuit' is one of his weaker films.
Posts: 235 | From: Hill Valley | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 54  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont think ive seen this movie but im not sure. It has surprised me.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this original cover art.
That R1 dvd cover is just lame in comparison.
I´m glad that the UK dvd has the original art.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
aTomik.. wow that old cover art rocks! I remember it well now that you posted it. Probably changed it to cash in on Cusack's fame .. the old is way better and more 80's looking.
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am very well aware of "Hot Pursuit."

I have seen the trailer for it on my "Hollywood Cop" VHS.

"What some guys won't do for love... this guy will!" [Big Grin] [Wink]

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home