iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Winners Take All

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Winners Take All
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you ask.....before "Can't Buy Me Love" what were Courtney Gains and Gerardo "Rico Suave" Mejía doing?

Well now ya know. "Winners Take All" brought 80's Motocross racing to the big screen, but the storyline and acting were somewhat weak in my opinion. I did enjoy some of the stunts and it is always fun to see actors from movies you love in something else, but overall not a fav.

-

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched Winners Take All and i liked it!

Nothing new or groundbreaking but i thought it was a good story with a nice soundtrack.
Rare thing but the dvd cover art is actually better than the original.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aTomiK, you are a rare movie master! Thanks for giving my old thread a posting.

For anyone that enjoys the tv show "Friday Night Lights" it is hilarious to see Buddy Garrity as a starter at the big race. So young it is almost shocking.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this one on VHS, haven't watched it in ages, thanks for reminding me.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Started watching this tonight. It will have to be split up into a few viewings to get it all in. Saw it a long time ago and thought it was time for a rewatch.
I like what I have seen so far, especially the sound of the 2-strokes which have been rooted out of the pro racing scene in reality in favor of 4-strokes and the EPA and the authentic scenes of the pros racing at the beginning. Cracked me up to see Girardo(Rico Suave) in his motocross clothes(minus shirt of course) before a race lifting weights. Really, Ive never seen a motocrosser do that just before a race.

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Winners Take All is pure class from start to finish!

-

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finished watching it last night and enjoyed it. The pieced together bike was hilarious but it didn't look much worse than the Hurricane bikes.

One sad note was former champion David Bailey was in this movie and appeared next to another champion Rick Johnson in the interview right before the final race in the stadium. Bailey was in the JT motocross shirt. Bailey had a practice crash in January of 1987 and was paralyzed. I do not know when this film was shot but it was released in February 1987. It was an emotional moment for me as I had never seen him on his feet. I had always known him to be paralyzed. He was 25 years old at the time of the crash

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home