iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Best 80's movie posters to decorate my new 80's room

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best 80's movie posters to decorate my new 80's room
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys. Me and my wife have been renting our basement for years, but tenants are now moving out. We've decided not not rent anymore and take over the basement. To the point....with all this extra room....our son gets a bigger play area, my wife gets an exercise room, and I finally get my "forever thought of" 80's room. I'll have room for about 2 to 3 80's movie posters, as some wall space will be devoted to music (I have approx 15 of my favorite record albums framed). With so many movie posters to choose from, I was wondering which ones people think best captures the 80's spirit. I really like Ghostbusters? *My best memories really come from 81' to 85', so likely my picks will be inside these years. Sorry so long winded.....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can I suggest Moviegoods.com

they have the best posters, imports and such.......I got an awesome 16 Candles poster that looks like a Warhol print! Good luck with your 80's room!!! [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are several I would love to get - but I want a wall-sized poster of The Sure Thing most of all. Shame the wife wouldn't let me have it!

-

Of course, the couch would go in from=nt of that awful pic of John Cusack!

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Muffy...I will check it out. And P.S. It's Paul....my wife would axe that poster too...but I could try the "but you're such a big fan of Desperate Housewives" line?
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would definately have to have a BREAKFAST CLUB one.

By the way, I have wanted to do an 80s Themed Room since I bought my house about 9 years ago...but we never have the money to fix the basement up. And by the time we finally DO fix the basement up my daughter will be in Junior High and it most likely will be HER fun room. Oh well.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Never say never mamamiasweetpeaches...funnny you say 9 years....we've had our house for 9 years now, w' tenants living in the basement the whole time....I lost hope for an 80's room as well, but am only just now ready to start one. Lots of 80's treasures in boxes waiting to be sprung loose....vintage ghetto blaster, top loading VCR, an ATARI, etc. BTW....Breakfast Club will definitely be a top contender.
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kevdugp73,

What a great idea! I have a good idea. How about this. You buy a whole bunch of 80s posters; then, you frame them, and every six months you swap them out. Then you'll never get bored looking at the same posters, and, the best part is, you can buy as many as you like.

I'm like, some kind of genius or something... [Razz]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moviegoods.com is a good suggestion of where to buy them..

But if you're not sure yet about what to pick, I think this site has a better overview (by decade). [Wink]

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolutoin here,

I recently had an awesome Fletch poster that I got rid of. My 80's room is years away.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can't go wrong with the Karate Kid!

My good friend had movie posters up in his basement TV room, and it was really cool. I'm going to be doing the same to mine here shortly. I really want to put up the Goonies and BIG as well.

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta get this one...

-

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Great idea jdocster04, but can you lend me some money? Also never thought of the vintage Farah poster....I had Crisite Brinkley in blue, and Heather Thomas in pink.....I'll have to make room for at least one! Karate Kid may have a place as well....
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Just scanned my movie collection...in terms of posters, I'm thinking: Breakin', The Breakfast Club, Ghostbusters, Karate Kid, Purple Rain, and / or Flashdance (most people seem to dislike Flashdance, but I've always liked it). I'll let yas know what I decide...please keep the suggestions coming.....Oh yeah...and Back To The Future....

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
kevdugp73,

Sometimes if you look on ebay you can find good deals on a "lot" of movie posters. You know, like 12 posters for $20.00...

MooseCrack
Rewinder
Member # 6604

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MooseCrack   Email MooseCrack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the License to Drive poster...or maybe the Lost Boys.
Posts: 38 | From: CT | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a gameroom that I decorated in 70's and 80's memorabilia. I have a shelf that goes the whole way around the entire room, and I have all my stuff displayed on it. I collect board games...and put them on the shelves, I collect lunchboxes, I collect arcade stuff. I have a jukebox that only plays 70's and 80's music. I did have some posters in that room, but it was too over done...so I save them for parties and stuff. I did have a cool Sixteen Candles poster.

My son did have posters all over his room, but now we are redecorating it with a rustic cabin theme...so the posters came down....but he did have....The Terminator, Commando, Lethal Weapon, Die Hard, Dirty Harry and a couple James Bond posters.

I love my Breakin 2 poster....my friend's daughter just had a Sweet Sixteen birthday and I helped her do it in an 80's theme.

Here's a few pictures from it:

-

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the party favors (Breakin style hats)

-

and here's the Pac-Man cookies:

-

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Yeah, thanks jdocster...I'll definitely check ebay. Once I actually decide on the few that I will put up, I don't think I'll have too much trouble tracking them down.

Cool party ideas ISIS...love the cookies. I'm hoping to have a pretty good display as well, and like you, will likely dip into the 70's as well....I was born in 73', so my fondest childhood memories are representred best from 78' to 85'. Movies and music will be best represented....I have a top loading VCR and a really cool ghetto blaster, along with my favorite VHS movies in their original cases, and lots of cassette tapes of course....also lots of LP records framed....although I don't really remember buying records on my own....they were always in the house of course, but more of a 70's phenomenon. I really like the idea of having some old 80's comics lying around, and some MAD magazines, I have a Rubiks Cube of course, an Atari system and lots of games, and some of the toys I would have played with as a kid. Just for the record...I lead a pretty normal life and won't sit for days without showering in my 80's room...I don't dress like the 80's, or have a real funky haircut....whenever I have some free time, which is rare in itself, I do like to rewind to my childhood memories....makes me feel very happy....thanks for all your ideas guys!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home