iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Good double feature DVD's

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Good double feature DVD's
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

In the recent year or so, DVD's have tried to keep up with downloading by putting multiple movies on one DVD (two sided) or sold together at Crackhead prices(don't ask). Not to mention, they have taken skeletal versions of the movies and put them on one DVD. I have seen some good buys here and there, but my question is what are some of the better ones, and what is more annoying a great movie with a terrible one, or a great movie with one you already had.

The lethal weapon 4 pack in one case is the best deal I have seen in a while.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wal-mart has a ton of these 2 for 1 deals. I just got Space Camp and War Games together for $7.00.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've got the same space camp/wargames dbl feature. i also have the neverending story parts 1 & 2 dbl feature.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have The Road Warrior and Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, Arthur and Arthur 2 On The Rocks, Back To School and Easy Money, 10 and Tarzan The Ape Man, Teen Wold and Teen Wolf Too....got most of them for $7.50 to $10. Also had to purchase Valley Girl this way, though not on the same disc...this was the single movie but was wrapped in a package of two movies....couldn't get one unless you bought the other....the other movie was "Heartbrreakers" w' Jennifer Love Hewitt....not sure why they'd pair these movies up? Anyway, still only $10 for both so still a good deal. I really like getting the deals on the double sets, yet part of me always wants the individual movies in their own case....kind like they deserve to stand on their own. Similar to the fact that I hate hate hate when they release my 80's movies in them cheap cardboard covers!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm also not sure why they coupled Valley girl with Heartbreakers.... To think that a consequence of getting my regular JLH fix was that I'd have to own a copy of Valley Girl.... [Razz] [Big Grin]

The one that gets me as well is the 10 / Tarzan pairing - yes, I know that Bo Derek was in both of them (in fact, both of Bo Derek's were in both of them) but the two movies are so dissimilar - one's a funny, sexy comedy with some real pathos along the way, and the other is simply an excuse for the then nubile and lovely Ms Derek to get her top off and sweat a bit....

Wonder how much that description will do to the sales of the Tarzan DVD? [Wink]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moving and Greased Lightning
Revenge of the Nerds Parts 1 and 2
Waxwork and Waxwork 2
Wishmaster and Wishmaster 2

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
P.S. It's Paul....I've always had a crush on Jennifer Love Hewitt anyway....a horrible movie (in my opinion)....but.....Valley Girl and JLH for 10 bucks....how could you go wrong!? I of course had a crush on Bo Derek as a youngster as well, really the only reason I bought the DVD. I often find myself buying 80's movies that I may not have even liked that much....for some reason, still gotta have them for my collection...thankfully I usually get them pretty cheap ($5 to $10).
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i also own heartbreakers - i love that movie.

hey motley i have the waxwork one too.
i also have prom night 3 & 4 dbl feature.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Revenge of The Nerds part 1 & 2
Fistful of Doolars/For a Few Dollars More
Dazed & Confused/Fast Times At Ridgemont High
Billy Madison/Happy Gilmore

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by P.S. It's Paul....:
I'm also not sure why they coupled Valley girl with Heartbreakers....

Hahaha...I just ordered Valley Girl paired up with The Sure Thing. Pretty good deuce for $8.00 including shipping. [Smile]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
- School Dazed: This set includes:
My Tutor
My Chauffeur
Hunk
Tomboy
Jocks
Weekend Pass
The Pom Pom Girls
The Van
It's on sale for $6.49 on amazon.com

- Back to the Future - The Complete Trilogy (Widescreen Edition) (1985)
All three movies... Great deal at $19.00, or, used for $11.71 at amazon.com

- Brat Pack Collection
The Breakfast Club
Sixteen Candles
Weird Science
There's supposed to be a new set coming out this year. Nick knows about it. Nick?

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I usually avoid Double Feature DVDs, as I find that they usually have a movie I want, with one I either already have or have no interest in. Plus, I like to own the movies in their individual cases for collector's value. I'll make exceptions if there is a movie that is exclusive to the 2-pack, or if there are two movies I want for a good deal. I'll soon be getting the "Class/Secret Admirer" Double Feature for about $10, while buying them separately would be $20.
Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I prefer having my movies housed individually as well, and will even pay more to do so. A 2-Pack is no big deal since it's two separate DVD's in their own boxes just sold as a pair. Double/Triple Features are more irksome to me. I can handle them better when the films are part of the same franchise like the Poltergeist II/III or Psycho II/III/IV DVD's. But actually, most of the Double Feature DVD's I own were compromises in an effort to get something that isn't available individually like Moving, or anamorphic versions like 48 Hrs. or Firestarter.

The best Double Features imo, however, are MGM's Midnight Movies series. They stopped releasing them awhile ago, but there are some really solid ones.

Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home