iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » New York Stories

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New York Stories
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had this in my wishlist for awhile as i've never seen it.....I had my weekly scavenge hunt and found it.......has anyone seen it?

I'll let you know when I watch it......Woody Allen, Scorsese and Coppola.....???

IMDB page for New York Stories

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I saw this a long time ago. I think it was pretty good.
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys this movie is pretty awesome........

Three very different stories centered around New York City and all 3 stories are directed by major directors of our time.

First Story, Scorsese, Nick Nolte plays a nutty Artist who's obsessed with his assistant Rosanna Arquette. Very Scorsese it reminded me alot of After Hours a favorite film of his of mine.

Second Story, Coppola with help from Sofia......the story is a bit odd haha you can tell a 13 year old helped with it......but it's cute and warm......it was great to see the little rich girls in NY with their Chanel hats, there is a classroom scene thats so 80's where they talk about bmw's and maserattis...

Third Story, Woody Allen and probably the best........a super cute little old mom and how she controls her son, it actually turns out quite fictional and sweet.......Julie Kavner plays a psychic and it's so hard to not hear "Marge Simpson" when I hear her now...I knew I knew Sheldon's mom from xmas vacation but little did I know she was the original voice for Betty Boop and Olive Oyl.

anyway I highly recommend this movie or little mini movies.

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Muffy, how did you become so fascinated with New York? Ever been there? Just curious. [Smile]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
I have not been to New York.......and yeah I kindof am fascinated with it [Big Grin] my little sis just struggled with moving to the city but has put it on the back burner for now........you know what started it for me.......watching movies with the cool loft apartments and the bussle of the city the buildings and architecture....i'm an artist, I always wanted to visit all the galleries!.....i'm close to Seattle which is a big city in it's own but im sure not the same..........ok yeah i'm a bit fascinated.......someday........
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the words of one Vincent Vega: "You'd dig it the most". I love the way old New York in movies clashes with New New York on film, give me the character of 'King Of New York' over the clinical sterility of 'Coyote Ugly' anyday. The most recent pics to capture the mood of the palce IMO were the 'Spiderman' movies.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool....it is a fascinating place, for a while. But once you've been there a few hundred times, it kind of grows on you. Never been to the art galleries though.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
I have not been to New York.......and yeah I kindof am fascinated with it [Big Grin] my little sis just struggled with moving to the city but has put it on the back burner for now........you know what started it for me.......watching movies with the cool loft apartments and the bussle of the city the buildings and architecture....i'm an artist, I always wanted to visit all the galleries!.....i'm close to Seattle which is a big city in it's own but im sure not the same..........ok yeah i'm a bit fascinated.......someday........

Muffy, You should go fer sure... It's all cleaned up now. You'd love Central Park, Times Square, the whole financial district (Wall street). I went there a bunch of times in the 80s. It was nice, but Times Square was REALLY bad back then.

I'd really love to visit Seattle. Some day...

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home