iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Rocky 4 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Rocky 4
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for records1black   Author's Homepage   Email records1black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a movie that is. Again the soundtrack for that is sheer awsome and i love the action involved in that movie. What does anyone think to it. Anyone else agree that it is a film you can easily watch over again? Sly stone came up with a good series of movies that people of all walks of life can tune into..... [Karate Kid]
Posts: 180 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After the second one they went downhill. The first two were pretty good though. Still feel Taxi Driver should have beaten Rocky for best picture.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for records1black   Author's Homepage   Email records1black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yer I like the 1st one and the 2nd but the Music for the 4th rocky is ace. I think Rocky four was the most sucssesful boxing movie ever.
Posts: 180 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Music from Rocky 4 is one of the best soundtracks ever made, for any movie, any year. Done.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love all the Rockys...except #5. 3 and 4 are my favs, simply because of the time they were released....back in the day when I had hours and hours of free time, and watched these movies over and over. I remember specifically when I was younger, we had the movie channel around when they were first coming out, but they played the same movies over and over....my Dad cancelled the channel after we watched Rocky 3 for the 20 th or so time.....ahhhh, the memories.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would rate Burning Heart alongside Eye of the Tiger as Survivor's best (and High on You as well). Although some might claim that was a drawback to later sequels, that Stallone poured in too much and too loud music to contrast with the quieter, inflective earlier films. But no matter. Even the worst Rockys are still very much watchable (even without Mickey in 4 which brought it down a little bit), so you can see why he's tempted to keep the franchise going and going and going and going.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
x0x0ilymucho
Master Rewinder
Member # 6772

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for x0x0ilymucho   Author's Homepage   Email x0x0ilymucho       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont remember whut rocky 4 is about could anyone refresh me?
Posts: 102 | From: Hill Valley, 1985 | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megaforce
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7183

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Megaforce   Email Megaforce   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must say that i like Rocky 4 best and the soundtrack are uplifting and I work out a lot to Rocky soundtrack
Posts: 70 | From: Sweden | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love that movie.... makes me wanna chant USA... USA...USA... even though im European:)
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Drago... DRAGO!!!..." [Smile]

What a simply awsome movie!! Did you know that Sly hired in a special montage editor to do those superb montages to DiCola's awasome soundtrack? [Smile]

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sure was a great soundtrack that is for sure. It didn't hurt to have to look at Dolph Lundgren either! It was love at first site with that flat top and rippling muscles.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing I didn't like about this movie is it tried to be too political but fell flat. Even looks worse today. But they did one thing right throw in a bunch of montages when the two main actors can't act.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
It is a soundtrack that you can work out to tho. I defo agree with that!!!! Hearts on Fire really gets you going.

Rock 4 x0x0, (1985) is the movie where Applo Creed is killed in a fight against Ivan Drago and as a consiquence of his death Rocky decides to fight against Drago in Russia. The Fight isn't about money, it's clearly personal.

There is a diffrence in each of thier training methods. Drago has a hi tec regime and is pumped full of steriods, whereas Rocky uses the enviroment around him - natural methods.

At the end of the film Rocky makes a political stament about how people can 'change.'

I think the music relly makes that film tho. The acting isn't as good as the 1st film, but still you can watch it not get bored.

Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Rocky 4 has to be one of the films that most people like from the 80's.
Even if it looks like a music video from start to finish,the soundtrack is great and it was one of the first films that i really noticed how bright the colours and contrast was.
Didn't like the political element to much but then alot of films from that age didn't seem complete without making some sort of statement.

Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike.:
I think Rocky 4 has to be one of the films that most people like from the 80's.
Even if it looks like a music video from start to finish,the soundtrack is great and it was one of the first films that i really noticed how bright the colours and contrast was.
Didn't like the political element to much but then alot of films from that age didn't seem complete without making some sort of statement.

I know what you mean about the film being like a music video. It is in a way because I suppose the Music makes the film work. I also agree that it is a popular movie from the 80's, as it kind of makes you, as the viewer, feel part of the whole sence of event that occours through out the film. I am sure that it will probably encourage a few viwers to work out too. [Smile]
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

It's a great movie based on the time that it was made. The cold war made the movie important. It was a very good movie because it made Rocky an American Icon, much more than just a Philadephia hero.

It's the second best movie, because the second one just can't be beat in my opinion.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone ever been to Philly and seen the Rocky staue at the Philadelphia Museum of Art?

-

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
I wish i could get there to see it. It is so iconic
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
visiting that would be awesome !!!!
Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
It is a really good film though and I am sure that people will enjoy the series for years to come. They are a series of movies that will never be forgotten, talked about in decades from now. [Smile]
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the things that does let in down in the last training scenes they couldn't resist showing Drago getting injected with steroids.Just seemed a bit sad to assume he is a Russian athlete so he must be juiced up.
Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
Yer I know what you mean, but I think the message the film portrays is the fact that Drago has more hi-tec traning methods, not so much because of his nationality but because of the fact he is seen to be a super human, 'What-ever he hits he destroys.';they almost treat him like a science project and don't respect the fact he is human. Altletes from other countries used steriods as a training method in the 80's and what this films trys to show is that natural methods are just as good, but, in fact better because of the freedom involved the 'self' training message it uses. It is quite a political film. where can you draw the line about what is right and what is wrong?

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike.:
One of the things that does let in down in the last training scenes they couldn't resist showing Drago getting injected with steroids.Just seemed a bit sad to assume he is a Russian athlete so he must be juiced up.

Hi Mike,

That all has to do with the "Cold War". It's typical of movies during that time. Besides, they had to explain his super strength... [Eek!]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
I forgot about the cold war. How could I. Still I am just a pup and I love this site coz you always learn something!!! [Smile]

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by records1black:
I forgot about the cold war. How could I. Still I am just a pup and I love this site coz you always learn something!!! [Smile]

That's cool...

Now remember to brush your teeth before you go to bed tonight junior... [Big Grin]

-

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home