iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 38 Planned Movie Remakes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 38 Planned Movie Remakes
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just when you thought you've seen it all:

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/15211/38_planned_movie_remakes_you_didnt_know_about.html

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why Why Why...

The Last House on the Left, Clash of the Titans...

Sylvester Stallone in Death Wish.

Now all the old actors of the 80's are doing remakes of someone else's roles.

That is just too much.

It will never end.

I don't want any more remakes...I want them to release the originals back to the theaters...there are so many movies I missed during the 80's...due to being too young, not having any money...too much good stuff that you couldn't get to them all....and not even having some of them come near me....

I wish they would replay the originals. There's tons of movies, even I don't own...and for all the younger people...they never saw half the stuff we did. They would like the originals too.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy poop on a stick! WOW!

I just wish they would redo "chity chity bang bang" [Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what I wanted to say!
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for records1black   Author's Homepage   Email records1black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with ISIS. Whay not just play the originals they are way better. I mean why bother making Conan again, or Evil Dead. One of the latest remakes was the Oman wasn't it? The original is way better, the only thing remakes improve on are the effects....??? Any one else agree??? or am I being to harsh?
Posts: 180 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster04:

LOL! It's nice to know that I'm not the only clown around here. At least you can make me laugh. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look at the bright side; odds are not all of them will be made, particularly if the current financial jitters spread to Hollywood and dries up their funding (which I've long suspected might not have been on the level the last couple of years anyway). Plus, the odds seem to be getting longer that if they don't change soon they'll get passed out by independents and onliners (a lesson the automotive industry is currently learning); we're far from the only ones who've had it, and soon the country won't take it anymore.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Originally posted by jdocster04:
LOL! It's nice to know that I'm not the only clown around here. At least you can make me laugh. [Big Grin]

It's a small price to pay for the wrong I've done...

License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yawn!

Enough of the same threads over and over. Remakes will happen whether people want them or not. Once you can learn to accept that its easier to move on.

When a remake gets made, no-one is forcing anybody who doesn't like the idea to watch them. I will usually give a remake a chance, it certainly doesn't ruin my enjoyment of the original and once in a while I find it superior to the original anyway.

Now can me please move on and stop "remaking" the same thread. The original got the point across and the endless sequels just fill up the rewind needlessly...

Noms [Cool]

ps From that list of 38 I would definitely give at least 20 of them a viewing, but then I'm not so narrow-minded to suggest that they wouldn't be any good just because they are remakes...

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
That's exactly what I think about letting people write their own topics...if you don't like them...then don't read them.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Personally, I could care less if every movie in the world got remade. Doesn't bother me a bit. I just put the info up here for all to see and make their own judgements. I love to see how everyone's opinions are so different and enjoy the different takes on each subject. [Smile]
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
movies should not be remade
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm not a fan of remakes of movies i love(Halloween, Bad News Bears, Can't Buy Me Love and some others) but i would love for someone to do a remake of The Last American Virgin. it's one of my favorite movies from the 80's, but i always thought it could have been done a little better.
Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aceofspades70
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6247

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for aceofspades70   Author's Homepage   Email aceofspades70       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remake Rendevous, lol. Yep, they're doin' 'em all.

Westworld
Bullitt
etc.
etc.
etc.

I think they're even doing Vanishing Point. It almost makes me want to switch from acting to writing.

...but not quite

Posts: 90 | From: Nashville, TN. | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KISSMAD
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4412

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for KISSMAD   Email KISSMAD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xchazx:
but i would love for someone to do a remake of The Last American Virgin. it's one of my favorite movies from the 80's, but i always thought it could have been done a little better.

This is the only movie from the 80's. I wish the whole Lemon Popsicle series was remade in English.
Posts: 65 | From: Aussieland | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home