iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » My Chauffer-1986

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Chauffer-1986
stix33
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3861

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stix33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone remember or like this one? Deborah Foreman (from April Fool's Day) starred in this one.

I wish they'd put this one on dvd...

Posts: 73 | From: Kansas. The O.Z. | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have My Chauffeur on DVD. The script is kind of weak, but Deborah Foreman's character was totally different than the norm. She was crazy cool as Casey Meadows from dishwasher to chauffeur.

"Look it's a blue woman with a blue dog. That's worth 20,000 points."

Oh and when they are lost and find the cabin...that's good old Mark Holton that answers the door from "Teen Wolf" and "Modern Girls".

-

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stix33
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3861

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stix33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know it was on dvd!!!! I have searched ebay for awhile now...I will have to check out Best Buy or FYI movies, thanks!
Posts: 73 | From: Kansas. The O.Z. | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
stix33, it is probably out of print now, I bought it a few years ago when it first came out. THe DVD is the totally stripped down movie without any extras. Still nice to have it on DVD, but it is low quality pic and sound.

Ok, this might be a good 80's movie find for the price....check the link and let me know what you think? I did read someone saying My Chauffeur had been cut which is annoying.
School Dazed - 8 pk

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stix33
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3861

Member Rated:
OMG-I totally remember Jocks!!!! This pack would be well worth it, simply for My Chauffer and Jocks.

Thank you so much for the link! :0)

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Buyer Beware:

Read the reviews before you purchase...these might be poor quality according to the reviews. But for $4.99 can you really be that disappointed?

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Wow...I might need to put my copy of "My Chauffeur" up for sale on Amazon...people are wanting $50 for it.
stix33
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3861

Member Rated:
LOL, that would definately make a buck, Valley! I like the movie, but I wouldn't pay that much!
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
stix33, it is probably out of print now, I bought it a few years ago when it first came out. THe DVD is the totally stripped down movie without any extras. Still nice to have it on DVD, but it is low quality pic and sound.

Ok, this might be a good 80's movie find for the price....check the link and let me know what you think? I did read someone saying My Chauffeur had been cut which is annoying.
School Dazed - 8 pk

I've got this 8 pack. It's not bad. MY Chauffeur plays fine.

Hey, Valley, maybe you should buy it for $5.00 and sell your copy for $50.00... [Wink]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Great minds think alike jdoc. I tried to convince stix33 it was the right thing to do, but stix33 decided $50 wasn't worth a daughter getting a true appreciation of an 80's classic in it's original DVD release form. ha...only joking stix33, how about $40.

OK, how much money will it take then?....You can't buy me out of Jordan's life. It is her choice! ~ ok a little "C0cktail" rant out of no where...moving on....$30?

Actually, I'm such a huge Deborah Foreman fan, it would take a lot for me to sell it.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have it on VHS. I never could stand Deborah Foreman in this movie...I love her in everything else, but she did seem like a nut job/flake...it was so over the top. Valley...I know she told you that she wasn't sure which way to go with her character...and it showed.

I personally watch it for the "Sam Jones on the bed in his underwear scene". [Eek!] [Wink] [Big Grin]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Isis...uh...she never told me that.... must have been somebody else. And Sam Jones in his underwear....look no further than "Flash Gordon".
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes...you did tell me that....senility must be setting in on you....we discussed that back in the beginning days of the Rewind...because your the reason I bought My Chauffer....and I was on a Deborah Foreman binge of movies...Waxworks, April Fool's Day, Valley Girl, 3:15-The Moment of Truth, and I was looking for anything with Sam Jones in it too....and this movie had them both and I couldn't believe I never saw it in the 80's. I heard about it in the 80's and saw it previewed...but I never saw it.

It was so flaky that alot of it isn't even memorable to me. I just remember she never shut up...and I think Sam Jones kissed her to get her to shut up. Honestly I could not figure out why he was even attracted to her...even though she was cute...she was a flake.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:

OK, how much money will it take then?....You can't buy me out of Jordan's life. It is her choice! ~ ok a little "C0cktail" rant out of no where...

"Beer is for breakfast around here, drink or be gone" [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home