iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80's sayings and quotes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80's sayings and quotes
JETTA00
Senior Rewinder
Member # 240

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JETTA00     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey anybody know some funny quotes or sayings from the 80's that would be cool to put on t-shirts?? I know there are many out there but I just can't think of them now!!
Posts: 64 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
cdelo
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 663

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for cdelo   Email cdelo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to even mention "cool beans" and "grody to the max!"
Posts: 17 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
cdelo
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 663

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for cdelo   Email cdelo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SMURF OFF!
Posts: 17 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking of doing an "official" fast-rewind 80's T-shirt -just for fun.

Anyone who is a contributor to the site in some important way (like writing a movie page etc.) would get one for free.

Anyways, does anyone have any ideas of what phrase should be printed on it?

I just thought this would be a good thread to ask...

-N

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  | Report this post to a Moderator
cdelo
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 663

Rate Member
1) "I'll be back!"
2) "You know what we are, now you know what you are!

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Nick Says - Relax!"
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette
Master Rewinder
Member # 252

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Janette   Email Janette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's all that valley talk that went on then...like you know like...Totally Awesome. :)
Posts: 156 | From: Midwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about:

Save Ferris.

OR from WAR GAMES: the tic tac toe game on the back and "no winners" written across the top.

or even...

"A naked blonde walks into a bar carrying a poodle under one arm and a two foot salami under the other. She lays the poodle on the table. The bartender says "I guess you won't be needing a drink", and the naked lady says............."

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya know I wish whoever holds the merchandising liscence for The Goonies would make a t-shirt with the Goonie Vows on the back. That'd be awesome. :)

"I will never betray my goon dock friends,
We will stick together until the whole world ends,
Through heaven and hell, and nuclear war,
Good pals like us, will stick like tar,
In the city, or the country, or the forest, or the boonies,
I am proudly declared a fellow Goonie"

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
willman85
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1215

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for willman85   Email willman85   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about:

-"life moves by pretty fast...if ya don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it"

-My friend went to Shermer, Illnois and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

-*CHINO*

-"Greed Is Good"

Posts: 72 | From: Hertfordshire UK | Registered: Nov 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
kenkobra
Master Rewinder
Member # 892

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kenkobra   Email kenkobra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Bitchen"
"Flip a Bitch" I remember that being the saying if your going to make a U-turn.

Posts: 224 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 1  | Report this post to a Moderator
CheekiMunki
Rewinder
Member # 101

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for CheekiMunki   Email CheekiMunki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like, Fer Sure!

Gag me with a spoon!

(I was a valley talking Californian back in the day!)

Posts: 31 | From: Tampa, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Neo-Maxi-Zoomdweebie"

"Rad"

Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
kenkobra
Master Rewinder
Member # 892

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kenkobra   Email kenkobra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember the Valley Girls were big there was a ssying "Gag Me With A MicroChip" anyone remember that one?
Posts: 224 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 1  | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the Ninja Turtle movies gave us a scrapbook of 80's vocabulary: "Radical" "Totally Awesome" "God, I love being a turtle!"

This one is from the Dick Tracy movie: Go Suck An Egg!

Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Hairbands8089
Senior Rewinder
Member # 216

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Hairbands8089   Author's Homepage   Email Hairbands8089   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey bud, Let's party!
Posts: 53 | From: South Louisiana, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not from a movie, but from a well-known TV show during the 80's. (No, I'm not gonna tell you)...

"Sit, Ubu, sit! Good dog!"
(woof!)

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
From Family Ties. Sit UBU Sit
dancer
Rewind Curious
Member # 702

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for dancer   Email dancer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like oh, my god.lol
Posts: 7 | From: IL | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From Risky Business

"Sometimes you just have the say what the #$%&, make your move.

or from the Wild Life

"It's casual"

Andrew

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
makgod
Rewind Curious
Member # 936

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for makgod   Email makgod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how bout adding n "aye" after every sentence "aye"?

~strange brew~

or telling sumone there "mohded" or being sarcastic and sayin "oh dear!"

Posts: 2 | From: union city, CA | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
soph_82
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1125

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for soph_82   Email soph_82   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great idea about The Breakfast Club joke on the t-shirt, Kash....it always used to bug me so much that there was no answer!
Posts: 15 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
celticbabe
Master Rewinder
Member # 664

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for celticbabe   Email celticbabe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"MINT"

Everything excellent was mint!

Posts: 125 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home