iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Genesis - Land of Confusion music video.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Genesis - Land of Confusion music video.
Nada
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3045

- posted      Profile for Nada   Email Nada   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else find this thing absolutely horrifying? Seeing this video could honestly be one of the most traumatic experiences of my childhood. There's just something about those puppets\terrifying-ungodly-monsters that gives me the serious heebie-jeebies, even to this day! And as a little kid? Dont even get me started!
Phil Collins still creeps me out because of that mutated muppet! And like any normal person, I want to have pleasant thoughts when I think of Muammar Gaddafi, but alas, I cant thanks to that horrible, horrible video! The guy that created those things owes me thousands in psychiatry bills..
Any of you lucky souls who've never seen it and dont believe me can check it out on youtube, but trust me, you'll never look at Nancy Reagan and a monkey the same way again. You've been warned. [Wink]

Posts: 51 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing about Phil Collins that creeps me out the most is his horrible song "Sussudio'. Now that's absolutely terrifying.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

"Nada" isn't that a light chicken gravy?

My favorite line in the 3 amigos.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nada
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3045

- posted      Profile for Nada   Email Nada   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heh. "lookuphere lookuphere lookuphere!" [Big Grin]
Posts: 51 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goresnet
Master Rewinder
Member # 6592

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for goresnet   Email goresnet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Are gringos falling from the sky?!"
*thump*
"Yes, El Guapo." [Big Grin]

I used to watch DC Follies (Sid and Marty Krofft) all the time. Loved that stuff!

[ 06. July 2008, 11:08: Message edited by: goresnet ]

Posts: 160 | From: League City, TX | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love that song. The version Disturbed did is also great.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know it always sort of ****ed me off that a bunch of guys from ENGLAND were making fun of Ronald Reagan. Go back to the UK , ya frickin' hippies!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
You know it always sort of ****ed me off that a bunch of guys from ENGLAND were making fun of Ronald Reagan...

Like Americans didn't make fun of Reagan either? (examples: SNL, Johnny Carson, Rolling Stone magazine, "Bloom County" and "Doonesbury" comic strips, etc.) [Razz]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this one of my all time faverot music videos i rember when this first came out it came out the same time as bon jovis you give love a bad name you i also rember when these videos vame out you could litery catch them back to back on mtv for like 6 mounths stright
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love the song. Love the video. Spitting Image was the best!

By the way, they made fun of everybody. Including the Iron Lady.
Which reminds me, I still have a latex figurine of Ronald Reagan (looking like that) somewhere..

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was a disturbing video, especially the Prince figure putting mustard on his tongue, and tryoing to pulll it off as some kind of hotdog. What was that all about?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nada
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3045

quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
That was a disturbing video, especially the Prince figure putting mustard on his tongue, and tryoing to pulll it off as some kind of hotdog. What was that all about?

More disturbing still is that I could totally see Prince doing like something like that in real life. Amazing musician, but one strange cookie! [Wink]
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Land of Confusion just rocks! (the song and the video)
You gotta buy the genesis video collection.
There´s great acting and very good ideas behind those ones.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is the version by "Disturbed:"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7lIdU2RLE2g

Pretty cool video. The music is great.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nada
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3045

Funny how a video by a group called "Disturbed" with a bloodthirsy mob rising up against a monstrous greedy giant and his pseudo-nazi army could be somehow LESS disturbing than a video with puppets....
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting the video 80´sRocked!
That was cool.

Haven´t heard the new Disturbed cd yet
but kinda liked the previous one.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nada
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3045

quote:
Originally posted by SammyHain 44DDD-26-36:
The thing about Phil Collins that creeps me out the most is his horrible song "Sussudio'. Now that's absolutely terrifying.

I actually like that song (I like Land Of Confusion too, just not the vid), but now everytime I hear it on the radio I think of the scene in American Psycho where it's playing in the background... Anyone who's seen that movie probably knows what I'm talking about... [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home