iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Beverly Hills cop (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Beverly Hills cop
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for records1black   Author's Homepage   Email records1black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Beverly Hills Cop. They don't make action comedies like that anymore and the soundtrack is full of energy. I love 80's films that have really good soundtracks, energetic and racy - does anyone else agree? [Karate Kid]
Posts: 180 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everything about this movie is great - from the soundtrack to the cast to the story to the action to the comedy...There's not a bad thing you can say about it. My favorite lines: "Take those bananas" from Damon Wayans and "No, I cannot it's serious because it's very important piece" from Serge:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2PFMDYkiYXw&feature=related

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember when it came to movie theaters in ´85 here in Finland.
I was 10 yrs old then and watched it with my brother.
Great memories.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for records1black   Author's Homepage   Email records1black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well said 80's rocked!!!!! there aint a bad thing you can say bout that movie!!! What about the second one?? check out those long legs......
Posts: 180 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, they all are great.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24880042/

Yes! Apparently Part 4 is in the works..........

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
NICE! They better bring back Reinhold and Ashton to play Rosewood and Taggart.
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
Eddie Murphy made alot of great movies. I like The Golden Child. I don't like Beverly Hills cop 3 as much as the others. I just love Eddie Murphys sence of humor. I love Coming to America - That is also an abslotue classic and apparently it is a movie that is very popular in Spain!!!!! [Cool]
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I personally didn't find Part 3 as bad as others seem to. It is somewhat subpar, true, and clearly John Landis was rusty from his long exile from Tinseltown following the Twilight Zone debacle and might not have been the best choice to direct, but Eddie and company make the best of what they have, and it is nice to get Bronson Pinchot back (I do like the multi-purpose gun that can never seem to fire what Axel wants).
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nada
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3045

- posted      Profile for Nada   Email Nada   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by records1black:
Eddie Murphy made alot of great movies. I like The Golden Child. I don't like Beverly Hills cop 3 as much as the others. I just love Eddie Murphys sence of humor. I love Coming to America - That is also an abslotue classic and apparently it is a movie that is very popular in Spain!!!!! [Cool]

I agree. Coming to America is a classic! Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall were a great comedic pairing. I wish they had've done more movies together. They could've been like the Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker of the 80's! Only, you know... Funny. [Big Grin]
Posts: 51 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
Thank you for that Nada!! you know of any other films like that that may intrest me - better still any other films that have Arsenio Hall in them. They should have worked together on other projects Eddie and Hall, what a combination of natural talent!!

On to Beverly Hills cop I love the scene where they vist the strip bar. The way he approches the bad guy is funny, pretending to know him like some lost relative. [Big Grin]

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
On to Beverly Hills cop I love the scene where they vist the strip bar. The way he approches the bad guy is funny, pretending to know him like some lost relative. [Big Grin]

That scene is great. Here it is:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LgG5CnH4uc4&feature=related

records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
Any recomendations, 80's Rocked, or anyone for that matter of films similar to Beverly hills Cop? [Smile]
Nada
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3045

- posted      Profile for Nada   Email Nada   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fletch and Fletch Lives are two of my faves (although not really cop movies). I could quote lines from those two all day! 48 Hrs and to a lesser extent, Another 48 Hrs. You could even go with Tango & Cash. As for newer movies, there's Bad Boys 1 and 2. Hot Fuzz was really good too.
Posts: 51 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Naturally, all the Lethal Weapon movies are great cop movies. I also agree with 48hrs. Don't forget the "Die Hards" as well.
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
I Have all the Die Hard Movies they are ace, Best line, 'Yippie Kiya Mother f@%@r.' [Big Grin] I must get 48 hrs. I am finding it hard to get hold of a copy of Tango and Cash because the DVD version depends on the 'region'. I saw that movie ages ago and I wanted to get a copy from then. No joy. I wonder if you can get it on VHS??? I like Cobra to. I managed to get hold of that a few months back, but its not as good as some movies - I can think of better. The soundtrack for Cobra is really good though.

Still the heat is on............. [Wink] [Wink] [Wink]

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
This is a good movie from 1990 - Short Time:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100604/plotsummary

Another is Stakeout:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094025/

records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
Thanks for the link to Stakeout 80's Rocked. I will check out that movie it sounds right up my street. I must defo get a copy of 48hrs tho.

I can't decide which is Eddie Murphys best film, I love Beverly Hills cop, but Coming to America is brillant. I like The Golden Chld as well -shish I love movies with Eddie in them. Trading PLaces is a hoot. I love that guy he is brillant. I must get Delirious too thinking about it. Apparently is better than Raw, which I have.

Eddie loves to take the mic out of 80's stereo types and he does a fantastic job of imitating, playing so many role in his movies. What a Guy. Any one else agree??? [Cool]

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Eddie was one of the best from his start on SNL up to 1990. After that, the only thing I liked from him was Beverly Hills Cop 3. Hopefully part 4 will bring him back. Coming To America, Trading Places, and Beverly Hills Cop 1 were his best.
Here's a rare clip from Eddie in 1985:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OCcxuh1zzrA
Here's Eddie on SNL:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GY8NR7jZCYs

Nada
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3045

Hee-hee. I'd forgotten all about the Tyrone Green skit! Thanks 80'sRocked! [Big Grin]
One of my favorite Eddie skits from SNL is "James Brown's Celebrity Hot Tub". I love the way he almost cracks up a couple times. Funny stuff!

http://www.vidilife.com/video_play_446130_James_Brown_Celebrity_Hot_Tub.htm

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Eddie was great on SNL. My favorite was "Mr. Robinson's neighborhood." There's no footage of it anywhere on youtube. [Frown]
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And there's no denying he's fabulous as the Donkey these days; he always steals each Shrek film one way or another.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nada
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3045

Here ya go 80'sRocked.

http://www.jibjab.com/view/130761

This site has a bunch of Eddie's SNL skits. Funny stuff!

http://www.jibjab.com/search?query=eddie%20murphy

StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Any recomendations, 80's Rocked, or anyone for that matter of films similar to Beverly hills Cop? [Smile]

You might want to try "To Live And Die In L.A.", from 1985.
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Good job Nada! That just made my day. Now I'm cracking up. Thanks.  -
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home