iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » FAVORITE TV SHOWS FROM THE 80's (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: FAVORITE TV SHOWS FROM THE 80's
Aruba4me
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6258

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Aruba4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HeadRusch,

Mutual admiration society going on here,I'm with you on MacGuyver! I couldn't stand that show! I thought it was akin to watching paint dry!

Ooooh I forgot to add Miami Vice to my list above. I remember not going out to the parties on Friday night until we all were done watching Miami Vice. But I seem to recall a little "pre-partying" while watching it. Maybe that's why I liked it so much1 [Wink]

Posts: 71 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I in turn would like to add the very underrated Father Dowling Mysteries, which is long overdue for a DVD release.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chris the CandyFanMan:
I in turn would like to add the very underrated Father Dowling Mysteries, which is long overdue for a DVD release.

Candy,

I had forgotten this one. Good choice!

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While on the subject of classic TV shows, will there be such a feature on the site soon?? that would be sweet! Why only cover movies?!
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here´s a cool tv show site:

http://www.series-80.net/us/

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
valleygirl
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5628

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for valleygirl   Email valleygirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Growing Pains
Family Ties
Wonder years
Who's the Boss?
Charles in Charge
to name a few...80's shows were so funny, they just don't make them like they used too!

Posts: 24 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
 -

Beauty and the Beast, by far and away my favourite.

Love Alien Nation too.

They just started to release the series here.
I´ve never seen this so i´m very excited!

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool [Cool] [Big Grin]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kingcain
Master Rewinder
Member # 6644

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kingcain   Author's Homepage   Email Kingcain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heres a couple that werent too bad

Too close for comfort

Just the ten of us

WKRP

Scarecrow and Mrs. King

[ 06. November 2009, 08:36: Message edited by: kingcain ]

Posts: 125 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wraith
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8310

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Wraith   Email Wraith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aTomiK's list was quite comprehensive but here's my all-star list (in alphabetical order):

A Different World
Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Charlie's Angels
Cosby Show
Crazy Like A Fox (does anybody remeber?)
Dallas
Dempsey & Makepeace
Family Ties
Golden Girls
Hart To Hart
Heart of the City (with Christina Applegate)
Highway to Heaven
Hollywood Beat (where can be found the great theme song sung by Natalie Cole?)
Houston Knights
Kate & Allie
Knight Rider
Love Boat
MacGyver
Married With Children
Matt Houston (any fan site dedicated to this trouble-solver?)
Miami Vice
Moonlighting
Robin of Sherwood (starring Michael Praed)
Sapphire & Steel
Spenser: For Hire
Street Hawk
The Equalizer
Whiz Kids
Wonder Years

These shows were aired in Finland. Who ten year old watched kid shows... naah, not me!

[ 17. November 2009, 03:13: Message edited by: Wraith ]

Posts: 12 | From: Finland | Registered: Oct 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
How did i forget Hollywood Beat?
Jack Scalia was so cool [Cool]

Robin of Sherwood with Michael Praed was great.
Jason Connery was a wimp [Big Grin]

I also remember that Sapphire and Steel was a bit scary back in the day...

-

WolfmansGotNards
Ace Rewinder
Member # 5910

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for WolfmansGotNards   Email WolfmansGotNards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So many great ones have been mentioned [Smile]

For the cheese factor: Out Of This World

I remember it being quite ridiculously silly!

Posts: 400 | From: The 80's! Where else?! | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
The Tripods was also a good one from UK (1984-85).

-

80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
The Tripods was also a good one from UK (1984-85).

-

That looks cool aTomiK! I would have watched that show
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askanison
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8380

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Askanison   Email Askanison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80s tv shows would have to be A-Team, Married with Children, Airwolf, Battlestar Galactica, V these were the top shows for me. I remember these used to run over here in UK on saturdays around 5pm always made time to watch these shows. We always went for apple scrumping before these shows came on!

"I ain't getting on no plane"
(sigh) brings back such fond memories of better days.

Posts: 23 | From: England, United Kingdom | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askanison
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8380

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Askanison   Email Askanison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey WolfmansGotNards i still remember the theme tune for out of this world lol, havent seen that since it first aired back here in UK in 88-89 i think he he he
Posts: 23 | From: England, United Kingdom | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Golden Girls
The Wonder Years
Facts of Life
Cheers
The Cosby Show
Double Dare
Tales From the Crypt
Family Ties
Full House
Family Matters
Growing Pains
Hart to Hart
3,2,1 Contact
Voyagers
Empty Nest
Square One
Murder, She Wrote
Perfect Strangers
In Search Of...
Amazing Stories
Cagney & Lacey
Three's Company
Thundercats
Smurfs
Father Dowling Mysteries

I also used to love the ABC Weekend Special with O.G. Readmore especially "Zack and the Magic Factory", "The Red Room Riddle" (scared the CRAP out of me when I was a kid), "The Haunted Mansion Mystery", "Cougar" and "The Puppy's Great Adventure".

Anyone remember the old series "Big Blue Marble"? Well, if you do, I adored the episode entitled "The Witch's Sister".

Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cowboy10uk
Master Rewinder
Member # 117

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Cowboy10uk   Email Cowboy10uk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm shocked, How can noone mention the joys of
T.J. Hooker, OK it was corny and Dated when it was on the TV, But you have to admit It was Great fun to watch, if not a little predictable.

so my list in no order.

T.J. Hooker
Battlestar Galactica
Dukes of Hazzard
CHiPs
Airwolf
StreetHawk
Tour of Duty
MoonLighting
FallGuy
Married with Children
A Team
Dempsey and Makepeace

And if anyone from Sony Home entertainment is watching. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE relese the other Seasons of T.J. Hooker. Its Killing me only having seasons 1 and 2 on DVD, I need to complete the set. [Smile] P.S. Same goes for CHiPs

Posts: 158 | From: Hazzard County | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UK ones I liked:

Watching
A Very Peculiar Practice
Private Schulz
Metal Mickey

Watching actually ran for seven series, and was a sitcom about people whose hobby was sitting in a pub, watching strangers and inventing whole life stories about them - the more outrageous the better.

A Very Peculiar Practice was a very dark sitcom set in an 80s University Medical Practice, with very extreme characterizations.

Private Schulz was a six-part comedy drama mini-series about the German Espionage effort duing WW2, focusing on an ex-con who effectively headed up the effort to forge millions of UK currency and break our economy.

And Metal Mickey was just cool - all about a robot which somehow came to life.....

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kingcain
Master Rewinder
Member # 6644

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kingcain   Author's Homepage   Email Kingcain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could'nt sleep last night so I was surfing and came across Threes company on TV land. I was laughing so much I woke my girlfriend up. Don Knotts is harlious and I love the slapstick of John Ritter.
=We will miss ya John and Don=

Posts: 125 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blackadder(especially Season II & Goes Forth )

The Singing Detective

Brush Strokes

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charlie Sheen
Rewind Curious
Member # 8202

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Charlie Sheen         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being a teen in the 80's, naturally my TV diet consisted of one part Glen A. Larson productions to one part Stephen J. Cannell productions, with a weekly dose of Hill Street Blues for added moral fibre.

To throw in a couple that haven't been mentioned so far: BJ & The Bear and Hardcastle & McCormick (two shows that I remember enjoying immensely at the time, but that have since become so blurred in my memory that only after a recent visit to IMDb did I realise that I'd got the two confused with each other), Simon & Simon, and Hunter (that rare creature, an 80's show without an "&" in the title).

Also a special mention to Moonlighting for teaching me, long before The X Files, that forging a long-term relationship with a television programme would only lead to a heartbreaking collapse in quality and lingering sense of betrayal in the long run.

As for guilty pleasures, I'd have to say Midnight Caller, with Gary Cole as Jack "Night Hawk" Killian, the graveyard shift radio host who could still find the time for some sleuthing. Despite the fact that every episode seemed to be exactly the same - Jack would inevitably solve a crime from the 40's or 50's, under the watchful eye of his foxy female boss, before dispensing a hard-won life lesson to his listeners in the final scene ("Goodnight America...wherever you are") - it still managed to keep me hooked for a couple of years.

And later on in the decade, there was always Tour of Duty...and don't get me started on Quantum Leap...

Posts: 8 | Registered: Sep 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
some of my favs (in no particular order):

The Wonder Years
The Cosby Show
That's Incredible
Press your Luck
Punky Brewster
Out of the World
The Adventures of Pete & Pete
You Can't Do that on Television
Knight Rider
Perfect Strangers
Bosom Buddies
ALF
Tales from the Crypt
The Simpsons
Quantum Leap
V
Greatest American Hero
Alien Nation

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home