iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » please i need help to find out what movie was!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: please i need help to find out what movie was!
mariah
Rewind Curious
Member # 7021

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for mariah   Email mariah   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi i need help to remember the title from a movie but i only remember a couple scenes...

it was romantic...
and the guy was rich and classy and the girl wasnt, she was poor... but they met and clasic... the guy falls for the girl immediately
and they start something despite of what his family says

then i remember they both spend like a whole day in bed... they only get up to get some food haha

and then this guy has to go to a party with famous and important people... and you know everyone is dressing in black you know...long night dresses, pearls... and tuxedos, and he invited this girl and she shows up and she is wearing a completely unapropiate short pink dress and everyone specially his family makes fun of her but i think she stays anyway
i think it was made in the eighties but maybe in the 90s....
please help!! i cant stop thinking of this movie!

Posts: 4 | From: mexico | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
could it be My Chauffeur?
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mariah
Rewind Curious
Member # 7021

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for mariah   Email mariah   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no... [Frown] ive searched about that one and i dont remember... but thank u anyway!
Posts: 4 | From: mexico | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesn't sound like My Chauffeur at all.....hmmmm this one is gonna get me wanting to know what it is
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen this movie.... What's the name... grrrrr...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, this kind of sounds like pretty in pink doesn't it?
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mariah:
then i remember they both spend like a whole day in bed... they only get up to get some food haha

and then this guy has to go to a party with famous and important people... and everyone specially his family makes fun of her but i think she stays anyway

Hey jodoc! it almost sounds like PIP but these parts she mentioned made me think it isn't??? hmmmm
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
Wait, wait, I've got it.

It's Mystic Pizza!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095690/

Julia Roberts falls for the rich guy, she's poor, she goes to a party wearing a crappy dress, they laugh at her, she spend the whole day in bed with the rich guy...

mariah
Rewind Curious
Member # 7021

Rate Member
no, its not pretty in pink neither....
i remember they both were a little bit older... not teenagers

mariah
Rewind Curious
Member # 7021

Rate Member
yes i think its mystic pizza!!!
im gonna google it and see
thank you!!!

Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
oh man I should have known that one! I love that movie.......They have dinner with his parents and the are rich snobs........notice a young Matt Damon plays his brother..........hope thats it for you

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
It's really an underrated film. I have it on DVD. [Smile]
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it started to sound like mystic pizza to me, but i don't remember a pink dress??
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by NowhereGirl:
it started to sound like mystic pizza to me, but i don't remember a pink dress??

I didn't remember the color of the dress, it just fit the dinner scene. Maybe it wasn't pink? [Smile]

It's funny how are memories work... [Wink]

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just went to Mystic, Connecticut last summer, and there is a real Mystic Pizza there.

I saw the movie once a long time ago.....and Cindymancini just sent it to me...but I haven't watched it yet.

I thought Julia Roberts dress was either black, or white with black polka dots. [Confused]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The dress was black. I saw the trailer for it on youtube.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home