iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » there was a good movie but what was the name

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: there was a good movie but what was the name
md45
Rewind Curious
Member # 953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for md45   Email md45   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi everybody. i have a problem about a movie. i tried to recall the name of it but noo. i tried to find it on the net but... not again. i am open to any suggestions.
i wtched this movie when i was 15 or something. it was an alien movie again. some guys from outer space came to earth to gain control. but what makes this movie interesting is these aliens look ordinary, just as humans unless you wear a special sun-glass which our hero finds by luck. by these glasses you are not affected from the radio signals that changes their faces to a normal human face. their original face looks something like a face without a skin, only muscles and stuff. there were special watches which opens doors on the ground to beam you up to the central ship of them on the orbit. and so on....
so you see it was a classical 80's horror -sci-fi movie but i did not met anyone who have seen this movie by now. i watched it on the video, i should add.
awaiting response......over

Posts: 2 | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it be The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai? There is an 80's page for that here at this site. It also sounds like that one movie starring Rowdy Roddy Piper, the 80s wrestler. I can't think of the name for that right now. You can check bt going to www.IMDB.com Hope this helps! :)
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jsin
Rewind Curious
Member # 282

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Jsin   Email Jsin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like your talking about that movie, They Live, directed by John Carpenter, and starring Rowdy Piper, the wrestler.
Posts: 7 | From: San Antonio, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Klopek
Rewind Curious
Member # 375

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Miss Klopek   Email Miss Klopek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually have no idea what the film was, but the sunglasses showing the people up as aliens sounds alot like that old Simpsons game on the SEGA megadrive. 'Bart vs the space mutants'. Not that that remotely helps anyone name the fim. Sorry.
Posts: 8 | From: Kent, England | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can confirm that Jsin is right - the movie is They Live. As well as the alien faces, there's also subliminal messages being broadcast to the humans, such as 2Submit To Authority" and "Stay Asleep" that are only noticed when the glasses are worn.
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  | Report this post to a Moderator
Iressivor
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 235

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Iressivor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember catching that film on TV a while back around 2 AM. Being a fairly big wrestling fan, I recognized Roddy Piper instantly, but I wasn't all that interested in the movie.
Posts: 18 | From: Creston, Iowa, USA | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 1  | Report this post to a Moderator
md45
Rewind Curious
Member # 953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for md45   Email md45   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks to you folks, i learnt and checked that the movie was "They Live" i will watch it again, thanx to you.
take care
end of transmission........over

Posts: 2 | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
kenkobra
Master Rewinder
Member # 892

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kenkobra   Email kenkobra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At first I thought of the movie Looker (I believe that is how it was spelled). That was N. Woods final film before she fell(?) off that ship one late evening.
Posts: 224 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 1  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home