iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » THE BREAKFAST CLUB

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: THE BREAKFAST CLUB
JETTA00
Senior Rewinder
Member # 240

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JETTA00     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay I watched The Breakfast Club last night and I am very confused about something. Remember when the janitor says "HI" to Brian and Bender says "that's your dad?" or whatever? Well I thought it was his dad, that's how they made it seem...then in the end when he gets picked up in the same car his mom dropped him off in in the morning...it's his father...but it's not the janitor. I don't get it, was Bender just joking to get Brian embarassed...maybe the janitor just knows Brian? OMG you people probably think I'm a raving lunatic...please help if you can!
Posts: 64 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<<Okay I watched The Breakfast Club last night and I am very confused about something. Remember when the janitor says "HI" to Brian and Bender says "that's your dad?" or whatever? Well I thought it was his dad, that's how they made it seem...then in the end when he gets picked up in the same car his mom dropped him off in in the morning...it's his father...but it's not the janitor. I don't get it, was Bender just joking to get Brian embarassed>>

Yes.

<<OMG you people probably think I'm a raving lunatic>>

Yes. ;)

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
JETTA00
Senior Rewinder
Member # 240

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JETTA00     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahahaha very funny yeah thanks McFly :)
Posts: 64 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetcage
Rewind Curious
Member # 1155

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for sweetcage   Email sweetcage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you know that when he was being dropped off that was his real mother and sister in the car and when he was being picked up that was the creator of the film... John Hughes.
Yes, it was dumn that his father was differnt then the one that picked him up but, who said at the end of the movie he was going to be picked up by his father.... no one... sorry for the mispelled words

Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just gotta say that the janitor is NOT brians dad the man that picked him up was his dad
Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Writer-Director extrodonaire John Hughes is actually the guy playing Brian's dad at the end.
Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
Oops, didn't see that other post about Hughes.

(Face goes red) A-hoo hoo.

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys, have you seen 'Not Another Teen Movie'? I saw it for the first time the other day and although there were loads of excellent references to 80's movies (such as the sign on the wall in the school cafeteria naming it as "The Anthony Michael Dining Hall") the scene related to The Breakfast Club was done brilliantly. And it's cool to see Paul Gleason back in the old wide-lapelled suits!
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
One of only a few good scenes in it (I was pretty disappointed by the film).

But in yet another mention of his name by me, the high school was known as "John Hughes High School" :).

M80sgrl
Rewinder
Member # 332

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for M80sgrl   Author's Homepage   Email M80sgrl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
omg i love the Breakfast Club! one of my favorite moviez the guys in it r also really hott :)
Posts: 38 | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, Not Another Teen Movie was pretty awful :( The references to our 80's classics were the only redeeming factor. I especially liked towards the end of the movie when one of the characters is running to the prom and they pass a store in the background called "Spiccoli's TV Repair!" That was awesome, totally...lol!!!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home