iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Help with 80's, maybe 90's Sci-Fi Movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help with 80's, maybe 90's Sci-Fi Movie
Ianegon007
Rewind Curious
Member # 6735

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Ianegon007   Email Ianegon007   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trying to find a sci-fi movie. All I can remember was that (I think) some of the main characters were younger (20's?) it was set in space. And at one point 2 ships had to split off each other for some reason. Almost like the star trek enterprise saucer section thing... Also, I remember a scene were the crew were working out and they had these pads they put in their hands that simulated gravity and caused them to increase in weight... Wish I could think of more. Been searching for this movie for years. Thanks in advance for your help.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ianegon007
Rewind Curious
Member # 6735

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Ianegon007   Email Ianegon007   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody?
Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phaota
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5699

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Phaota   Author's Homepage   Email Phaota   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, doesn't sound familiar and I love the sci-fi genre. Anymore details you can give might narrow it down more.
Posts: 18 | From: Waynesboro, GA. USA | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ianegon007
Rewind Curious
Member # 6735

Rate Member
The only other thing I can think of is that I think I watched it around the same time that Space Camp came out. For all I know, it could have been a made for TV movie... Thanks for your help.
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A shot in the dark - 'Earth Star Voyager'?

IMDB Earth Star Voyager

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ianegon007
Rewind Curious
Member # 6735

Rate Member
Logan, I think you're right! If not, this is the closest thing I've seen to what I remember... Now to fnd a DVD to watch it! Thanks for all your help Phaota and Logan.

This quote from IMDb helps since it mentions a gym:

[Jake enters the ship's gym, looking around.]
Brody: -Crew members are required to work out to maintain muscle tone.
Jake: -I'm not a crew member.
Brody: -But what about your body?
Jake: -What about it?
Brody: -Aren't you worried about letting it go?
Jake: -I'm a nice guy, I let it go wherever it wants to. Besides, I only need it to carry my brains around.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home