iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Breaking all the rules.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Breaking all the rules.
cantbuymelove
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6677

7 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for cantbuymelove   Email cantbuymelove   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone remember this movie?
About two girls who meet 2 guys in an amusement park or something like that?
Cant find it anywhere??!
Thanks in advance

Posts: 14 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have a DVD player that can cope with UK 9Region 2) discs, look on eBay.co.uk - there are a couple of Region 2 DVDs there that will ship to the US.

EBAY UK SEARCH for BREAKING ALL THE RULES

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know it was a Canadian movie about 2 guys who pick up 2 girls at the amusement park one of them works at. Their is a sub-plot about 2 guys and a girl robbing a diamond and the other 2 guys trying to get it back to clear the guy who works at the park's name.

It was available on VHS back in the early 90's when I used to work in video. It was put out by Starmaker and was $9.95. I have a copy recorded off of Cinemax that I watch every know and then.

Bob

Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw it for the 2nd time the other week...

...It's still not a bad little movie with a nice feel to it (but, like a lot of these types of films, its a bit silly -- particularly the diamond sub-plot).

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Currently at $5.00 on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/BREAKING-ALL-THE-RULES-VHS-CARL-MAROTTE-DUNN-1984-OOP_W0QQitemZ380002772944QQihZ025QQcategoryZ309QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Not a bad flick, not particularly good but worth $5.00...

[Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard about this movie so many times on here over the years and have still yet to see it??? maybe I should hunt it down now!
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
I've heard about this movie so many times on here over the years and have still yet to see it??? maybe I should hunt it down now!

Hey Muffy!

It's got some funny parts. It definitely "feels" like the 80s... Try ebay or amazon...

- jdoc [Wink]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will Jdoc! I'm on the hunt for the vhs now...... [Smile]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
I will Jdoc! I'm on the hunt for the vhs now...... [Smile]

Here you go Muffy....

http://cgi.ebay.com/BREAKING-ALL-THE-RULES-VHS-CARL-MAROTTE-DUNN-1984-OOP_W0QQitemZ380002772944QQihZ025QQcategoryZ309QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
or
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/6302241839/ref=dp_olp_2/105-8214501-3086848?ie=UTF8&qid=1204839741&sr=1-1

[Big Grin]

Phaota
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5699

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Phaota   Author's Homepage   Email Phaota   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wish someone would put up a Rapidshare DVDRip. I like to get those just to watch, mainly for the soundtrack since I put together those for 80s movies in extended versions. This is a film I would rather just download, watch and delete, not own.
Posts: 18 | From: Waynesboro, GA. USA | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And once again, we have to stress that this board is NOT to be used for any discussions or activities surrounding copyright infringement.

Phaota, I appreciate that was your first post, so you get some slack. But if you want to see the movie, buy it, watch it, then sell it on. It's the legal way.

All posts related to infringements of copyright law (be they links to ripped movies or music, suggestions where one might find such links, or as above, suggestions that people should just be able to rip and post copyrighted material) are liable for deletion, and action might be taken against repeat offenders to this rule, just like any other rule we have here.

Thanks
Paul

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Soooooooooooooooo I was on a vhs hunting expedition today.........and I was in a shop I know usually doesn't have any good vhs so I walk over there and i'm like nah...then something pulls me to look........

and there laying on it's side is Breaking All the Rules....i'm like no that can't be it? I've searched for this VHS forever....and last I recalled the VHS was worth alot of money? I pull it out and there's that infamous cover......

I grabbed it and I swear I did a look over my shoulder like I was stealing....it was 99 cents!! then the sales girl was like I love 80's movies i've never heard of this one?? I'm like "oh yeah" and tried to play it cool....out the door and i'm like.....OMG!!! I finally found Breaking All the Rules.....

then I go home to learn the VHS price isn't through the roof anymore........still was exciting i'm sure you guys know what I mean [Big Grin]

I'll let you know when I watch it.  -

Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy.. I do think .99 is an awesome price for such a rare find. The movie itself is only marginally good though in my opinion, but a cheesy lost classic nonetheless. I haven't watch it in years because I only have it on a barely playable VHS.. now you have me interested in a rewatch.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
That's what i'm seeing on all the old posts i've found about it....."marginally good" I've just always had it on my list because it was the movie everyone and their brother came to the Rewind looking for.........and it was always......."there's a scene where a girls skirt blows up and her underwear says I love you" [Big Grin] it was like finding a holy grail today hahaha too bad it wasn't the Better Off Dead Soundtrack on my list currently going for $150 on some sites!!!
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
I watched it and really liked it! I would totally recommended it! [Smile]
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy.. the word 80's guilty pleasure comes to mind for "Breaking All the Rules".

The beginning is awesome with the tune "Mannish Boy" and kind of a "Risky Business" tribute.. but here's a quick tidbit that let's you know the budget of this flick:

Joel had RayBans and a Porsche, while Jack had unbranded shades and a street sweeper..   [Wink]  

Of course, all I truly remember is the:

... I ♥ U ...  

panties that Debbie wore!     [Cool]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Was Debbie just awkwardly cool or what?

Part of the attraction for me is the fact that I lived near an amusement park as kid.  It was so much fun and this movie reminds me of those times. 

"Someday, I'd like to start one of those 6.2 relationships that we're suppose to have.. wouldn't you?"

In retrospect, I think "Breaking All the Rules" is better than my original assessment ..  the subplot of the bumbling thieves and the hidden diamond in the mouse only qualify for the 'marginally good'.. the rest of the movie is actually a blast.

"Make you a deal.. you give us the rat .. we give you the runt."

Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Valley! yay! I'm glad you added more input....that was the thing about the characters even though they weren't huge actors here in the US............I loved them. The main guy Jack....the dude oozed of charisma.....and how could you not love Debbie??

-

Debbie and Angie were great.....the bus scenes were so cute...haha both of the pairs playing it cool...haha

Someone wrote this on IMDB and it made me bust out laughing:

"My question as I watched this again recently: why are there exotic dancers with pasties at an amusement park? All they ever do is change backstage repeatedly, but what are they changing FOR? Is there an adults-only section of the park???"

it had to have unexplained T&A??!!

The diamond plot was totally silly but the cheese worked yeah it could have been better totally but its what it is."marginally good" [Smile]

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
The bumbling crooks were over the top, but dig on that main bad guy's jacket. Now that was 80's style.. or at least color!

And what about the entertainment at the amusement park being a break dancer that looked similar to Ozone with rockin' backup dancers..

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fantastic film!
La Ronde Fun Park, Montreal, Canada seemed like a heaven on earth.
After Jack sat on the street sweeper with shades on, i kept thinking Can´t Buy Me Love [Cool]

Carl Marotte was great as Jack "We are Men of Action!"
I like him also in Pinball Summer (1980) and Hard Feelings (1982).
Thor Bishopric was his sympathetic friend David.

I looooved all the girls!
Carolyn Dunn was cool and wild as Debbie. Gotta love those panties [Smile]
Very pretty Rachel Hayward was Angie. Loved her pose in front of the mirror [Wink]
David´s stepmother, played by Michele Scarabelli, was also superhot!

Oh and i liked those three funny small time crooks [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Jack had a cool room, great girl poster and how cool was that "Time: Man of the Year" mirror?

The soundtrack was very good too.
Nice songs from Paul Booth, especially the theme tune.
And you can hear the Shannon classic "Let the Music Play" during the end credits.
Highly recommended!

Shannon - Let The Music Play

-

[ 18. February 2015, 22:27: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
aTomiK .. I had a feeling that you would enjoy this film!
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like an appealing film and I will be watching it shortly.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home