iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Martial Arts film, 80's, starring b-actors

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Martial Arts film, 80's, starring b-actors
HeadRusch
Master Rewinder
Member # 3755

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HeadRusch   Email HeadRusch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was on HBO all the time and I knew the name, I just can't remember anyone memorable in it now...and as such can't use the mighty power of GOOGLE to remember the name.

It was, basically, a b-movie ripoff of Enter The Dragon....I think, is that the one where Bruce Lee has to infiltrate that guys private army and then fights him at the end? (The one they spoof in Kentucky Fried Movie).

So martial arts american-indian looking dude assembles his old "A-Team" of dudes, karate guys and weapons guys, to infiltrate some private army of mercenaries or something who are bent on poisioning the world or something like that.

In the end the due uses his crazy karate skills (or something) to defeat.err..someone and save the world.

The scenes where he "assembles" his team are the memorable ones...one guy is a karate master (white guy) who "levitates" for our hero before signing up, another guy is a crazy weapons dude who is playing a gambling game of russian roulette by tossing a loaded gun up in the air....

And I think at the end the "hero" must ingest a bunch of this windex looking poision stuff but he's taken a secret antidote..or...something.

Help [Big Grin]

Posts: 125 | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds familiar, but I just can't think [Frown]

Maybe I'm just thinking of Remo...

Anyone?

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like Force Five.

Bob

Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082399/

Here's the IMDB link

Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HeadRusch
Master Rewinder
Member # 3755

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HeadRusch   Email HeadRusch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO_gTa2XuII

Ok, that ain't it. Now, I gotta admit, this movie looks worse than the film I am talking about, right down to the SAME GUY WHO PLAYED DOCTOR KLON IN KENTUCKY FRIED MOVIES A FISTFULL OF YEN!! (HOW did I miss this in the 80's!??!?!).

In the movie I am talking about:

The main character is played by a guy with long black hair, or at least feathered black hair..he looked sort of asian, but more like an American Indian to be honest (from memory). He had a very cut, wirey body...very bruce-lee ish only with a much darker skintone.

He goes to recruit this karate master at a dojo, I think he's been isolating himself. He "floats" across the floor without moving his legs. Now, this guy is like in his 30's or 40's, barechested..hairy...and caucasian, like a Chuck Norris clone. Then the two medidate or spar or something and the white guy does this levitation thing. (sorry, we're talking almost 25 years of thinkback here!).

Then the crazy mercenary guy who is tossing the loaded gun up into the air and playing russian roulette like that. Maybe he only recruits those two guys, maybe he assembles more.

But I think at the end the dude is made to make a choice...take a "mind control drug" (which looks like a big vial full of windex) which then puts him into the control of the main bad guy, but a-HA Surprise! He's NOT..he's just....(wait for it..)...PRETENDING! [Big Grin]

(or something)

Anyhow, its like.....honestly, not as bad looking as Force Five [Big Grin]

Anyone else? C'mon this was on HBO like once a week for awhile there...someones gotta know it.

Posts: 125 | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HeadRusch
Master Rewinder
Member # 3755

Member Rated:
SUCCESS!!!!!

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3660880896/tt0082612

KILL AND KILL AGAIN!

HeadRusch
Master Rewinder
Member # 3755

Member Rated:
Wow, I wasn't THAT far off in my memories of this film..... [Smile]

http://www.montykins.com/mkins/000006.html

Now, to get this on DVD (NetFlix says SAVE FOR LATER..my guess is they had 1 copy of the movie and someone "lost" it..ahem..).....along with THE FINAL OPTION and THE KEEP and I'll be happy.

(and yes I know THE FINAL OPTION is out in R2 as Who Dares Wins).

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HeadRusch:
Wow, I wasn't THAT far off in my memories of this film..... [Smile]

http://www.montykins.com/mkins/000006.html

Now, to get this on DVD (NetFlix says SAVE FOR LATER..my guess is they had 1 copy of the movie and someone "lost" it..ahem..).....along with THE FINAL OPTION and THE KEEP and I'll be happy.

(and yes I know THE FINAL OPTION is out in R2 as Who Dares Wins).

You should see the original Kill or be killed...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080999/ [Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HeadRusch
Master Rewinder
Member # 3755

Member Rated:
Oddly enough, I never saw the first one....at least I dont think I did.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home