iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Emilio Estevez or Charlie Sheen (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Emilio Estevez or Charlie Sheen
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont know if its just me but, Im really stuck on who i thinks the better of the two brothers..what do you guys think about this one then???
Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tough call, really, but I'd give a slight edge to Charlie, who seems to have a slightly better record as a whole in picking projects that work.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah,

Charlie has done more/better work and he's a smart @ss in a good way. I like Emilio too. He seems like a really nice guy. [Wink]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
who would we rather DO???? Charlie!!!!!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
who would we rather DO???? Charlie!!!!!

The "Hollywood Madam", Heidi Fleiss, probably feels the same way! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the biggest crush on Emilio........I saw young guns 2 in the theater a few times lol and remember when you could buy signed 8x10's in the back of teen magazines??? I had one of Emilio and used to kiss it goodnight hahaha
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol mamamia

I prefer Emilio [Smile]

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J.L.
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6665

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for J.L.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charlie is funny, a real legend.

But in the 80's Emilio was cooler.

Posts: 12 | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm all about Emilio. He was great in Breakfast Club and St. Elmo's Fire. I loved the Kirby Kager character and how obsessed he was with Andie McDowell's character, Dale Beaverman! However, Charlie is good on Two and A Half Men. Not a bad show. I mean, come on, Sheen and Cryer?!? Nice!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what is Emilio doing these days anyway? I cant remember the last time I saw him in anything. Anyone know?
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking the same as you! I think him and his dad have fused together and become 1 person.
Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Movie for movie, Charlie Sheen probably wins by a hair, Things like Lucas and The Wraith put him on top. Just one man's opinion.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Devolution:
Devolution here,

Movie for movie, Charlie Sheen probably wins by a hair, Things like Lucas and The Wraith put him on top. Just one man's opinion.

We are DEVO

Good job Devo. I somehow forget that Sheen was in these two movies. I loved Lucas! Haim was at his best, sad but true at 14. As for The Wraith, yep, good stuff...well, good and terrible [Razz] !
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on people, we need more love for Emilio [Big Grin] [Razz]

Hewzy, about time you answered your own question hehe  -

[Razz]

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
Ha Ha I couldn't pick back then but gotta go for Emilio now, I think watching Repo Man helped me make my mind up [Smile]
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I give the edge to Sheen for movies.

Now if we are talking who has the best total career, Sheen by a lot.

And if we are saying who the coolest is, Sheen for sure. I mean the man once bought all seats in left field at an angels game for him and a few buddies so they could catch a homerun ball from Cecil Fielder. How sweet is that.

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to go with Emilio. I don't know, it just seems like while Charlie may be having a better aggregate careers, Emilio seemed to be in some of the more iconic movies that I have loved.

Charlie was in Wall Street, Platoon, Both Hot Shots movies, The Chase, Terminal Velocity, plus he has that whole 9/11 was perpetrated by the American government conspiracy theory thing going on. I'm just kinda' 'meh on all his work.

Emilio on the other hand while not enjoying a crappy sitcom on CBS right now, has been in some of my favorite movies: Young Guns (yes both one and two - don't be hatin' on number two [Razz] ), The Breakfast Club (pretty close to one of the reasons this site exists), St. Elmo's Fire, Wisdom, Judgement Night, Stakeout (okay, maybe not Stakeout [Wink] ), Repo Man, The Outsiders (Two-Bit was the best part of the movie). I mean for me, it isn't even close!

Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not a hugh fan of either...but if I had to pick...I'd go with Emilio...similar reasons to Earl...Youngs Guns and Breakfast Club. I was never a Charlie Sheen fan (still am not) but gotta say Earl...the crappy sitcom on CBS...I really like that show! [Frown]
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
crappy sitcom?? haha..wow, i don't think it's crappy at all. it's done very well as far as other sitcoms in it's category. it has put sheen back on top again.
and gotta go with sheen. lucas, the wraith, and three for the road..loved him in those!

the only movie i actually cared for emilio in, was WISDOM. and well, breakfast club too i guess. but i don't like st. elmo's fire.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Earl Keese:
Stakeout (okay, maybe not Stakeout [Wink] )

I'm not too fussed on that first one but I love Another Stakeout [Razz]
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course both are essential 80s actors.

Estevez did lots of good stuff
but in the 80s Sheen was one of the real kings IMHO.

Both did some good flicks also in the early 90s
but i don´t really care what they are doing nowadays.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
I had the biggest crush on Emilio........I saw young guns 2 in the theater a few times lol and remember when you could buy signed 8x10's in the back of teen magazines??? I had one of Emilio and used to kiss it goodnight hahaha

Why doesn't this surpise me at all? [Razz]

Emilio played some iconic characters in films now regarded as modern classics (i.e. Breakfast Club, The Outsiders, St Elmos Fire, Young Guns) whereas Charlie's had a very hit and miss career: Excellent films like Platoon and Wall Street followed by almost a decade of complete nonsense before a stellar comeback on TV.

Like both brothers, and their dad.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, in the interest of full disclosure, I have never seen the CBS sitcom, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt, but not on the argument of it doing well compared to other sitcoms in its category. How many times have we seen the masses get it wrong in so many ways like passing on true gems like Big Trouble in Little China or Arrested Development and embracing by the gagillions shows like Wife Swap or its ilk,

I am certainly not an elitist (hey I just referenced Big Trouble in Little China didn't I? [Razz] ), but I can't get on board just because something is doing well in the ratings. It just looks to me like one of those shows I watched hours on end as a kid and they just keep on trotting out the same story lines, jokes and scenarios of gross misunderstandings, but i digress.

What I would really like to know is if I am the only person that thought Wall Street wasn't that good when it came out and has really aged terribly and Platoon while good certainly doesn't live up to the accolades showered upon it. Sure, it's okay, but that's just about it for me. I much prefer Full Metal Jacket and Apocalypse Now for movies about the Vietnam War.

As for Lucas, yes I agree that was a most awesome movie. I love it truly, but it was a Corey Haim movie and Charlie Sheen had incredibly limited screen time. I know, I know, Emilio had limited time in The Outsiders as a point of argument, but that whole movie worked as an ensemble with much more equality of time among the characters outside of PonyBoy.

I did forget about The Wraith though! I haven't seen that one in ages, but I think I did like it when it first came out.

Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My best friend and I constantly lament about Charlie not having the Dreyfuss role in Stakeout. That would have been the perfect Charlie/Emilio pairing (plus I hate Richard Dreyfuss, so double victory).
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't care for dreyfuss either journey and i agree with you on that role it would have been better with charlie ! i like both brothers but sheen more as far as his acting in movies goes!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home