iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Need help with a story...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help with a story...
Hollywood862005
Rewind Curious
Member # 3877

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Hollywood862005   Email Hollywood862005   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys, it's been a long time since I've been here. Listen I've had this idea for a story, and I've been stuck in a few places, I figured some of you movie buffs could help out with it.

I want to write a story about two woman who are police partners. One is named Annie, the other is Jess. They've been partners for five years, but Jess hardly knows anything about Annie, because she's very closed off. Jess would like to be there for Annie, if Annie would let her. Annie has a secret. She is married and has a son. Her husband seemed nice in the beginning, and even during pregnancy. After giving birth, the husband tricked Annie into doing something illegal for him (maybe drug related), and it somehow got on video tape. He then threatens her, and says he's going to leave her, and take their two year old son with him. He says if she tells the police, he'll tell them what she did. So, he gets away with it. 11 years go by, he still has their son, and Annie has become a cop and lives alone.

I need a way for Annie to break down about it, and for Jess to find out and console her. Jess talks her into finding her son. So she finds her son, and goes to him maybe after school or something, and tries to tell him she is his mother. Secretly he had found a picture of her, and kept it all this time. So, it doesn't take much convincing to get him to believe it. She brings a birth certificate just in case. She tells him to just keep on doing what he's doing until she can find a way to be with him again.

Also, what did the husband trick her into doing, that is bad, but would still allow her to be a cop? Because when you're a police officer you can't have any felonies against you, can you? Of course, no one would know what she did, unless the husband tells someone. So, I'm having trouble figuring out what that could be. In the end, the husband has set up a trap to kill her, but at the last minute she figures it out, and what was meant to kill her, ends up killing him. The police take her in to question her, saying that because of his criminal past that would give her motive to murder him to keep her son safe. But she tells them she did not know about his criminal past, which puts her in the clear. (Maybe like he's killed before or something) In the end, she gets her son, and Jess is her best friend. Any tips or idea on this? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot guys!

~ Hollywood. [Karate Kid]

Posts: 5 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the obvious way to have Annie break down about it is if she is on a call-out, and the kid they are after gets hurt or dies or something. And it turns out that the crime being committed was the same one she was forced to do. Guilt and emotions build up, and hey presto....

As far as what she did? Could be anything, but drug pushing is always a good one. Maybe she had to deliver cash and collect a suitcase of cocaine? If her bosses find out, you can get round much of the 'and still be a police officer' bit by introducing a scene where the fact of her coersion is revealed to her bosses. then they would have mitigating circumstances to take into account. Possibly her ex had left evidence of her crime, but mistakenly implicated himself and revealed his plan to force her into crime then blackmail her.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hollywood862005
Rewind Curious
Member # 3877

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Hollywood862005   Email Hollywood862005   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Paul! That sounds like a good idea!

~ Hollywood

Posts: 5 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home