iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » School Dazed 8 Movie Collection

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: School Dazed 8 Movie Collection
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought this gem of a collection for my cousin for her birthday at Best Buy earlier today. Here in NC it's $9.99 and you get 8 movies on 2 discs (2 movies on each side): My Tutor, My Chauffeur, Hunk, Tomboy, Jocks, Weekend Pass, The Pom Pom Girls (made in 1976), and The Van (made in 1977). Never heard of the last 2 70s movies.........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Sounds like a good deal for the first 3 movies alone.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa! This does sound like a craptastic deal! Too bad I already have My Tutor & Tomboy! I recall watching The Van and it was out of sight to say the least! I may have to just stop by Best Buy and check it out. How is My Chauffeur? Weekend Pass? Hunk?

Anyone, anyone??

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think i saw HUNK.. don't remember if it was bad or good...most likely your typical hi-jinks teenage b-movie.

wow, motley what a steal! that pack sounds perfect for me. i love my tutor, tomboy and my chauffeur (with deb foreman).

i have to get these! [Big Grin]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MotleyRulz:
I bought this gem of a collection for my cousin for her birthday at Best Buy earlier today. Here in NC it's $9.99 and you get 8 movies on 2 discs (2 movies on each side): My Tutor, My Chauffeur, Hunk, Tomboy, Jocks, Weekend Pass, The Pom Pom Girls (made in 1976), and The Van (made in 1977). Never heard of the last 2 70s movies.........

Motley,

I bought it 6 months ago. There are a few good movies on it. For the price it can't be beat! Weekend Pass is terrible! [Eek!]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WolfmansGotNards
Ace Rewinder
Member # 5910

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for WolfmansGotNards   Email WolfmansGotNards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember Hunk from HBO [Big Grin]
I haven't seen it since the 80's though, guess I need to rewatch!

My Chauffeur is classic - I wish the dvd was widescreen though...

Posts: 400 | From: The 80's! Where else?! | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was at my Moms flipping through this catalog from a Vidoe Store she had in her house and they had that set. Even I was like "DAMN! Whatta bargain!"

I already HAVE MY CHAUFFER on DVD though.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this one too! My Chauffeur & Jocks already checked.
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice find, I think I have My Chauffeur on VHS and do have Tomboy on widescreen DVD from Germany but the other films on that set look well cheesy, so a must have for my collection [Wink]
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, many of the movies are really quite good in that low budget charm kinda way... Out of the ones I've seen so far these are the standouts:

Tomboy (cheese-o-matic!)
Hunk (could have been dire but wasnt)
My Chauffeur (classic)

The others are very variable and I agree... Weekend pass is quite dire!

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantbuymelove
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6677

7 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for cantbuymelove   Email cantbuymelove   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anything with the great Betsey Russell in it is a good film! (Tomboy)
Posts: 14 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home