iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What was your first reaction to "v"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What was your first reaction to "v"
callinite19
Rewind Curious
Member # 651

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for callinite19   Email callinite19   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seemed like a sunday night or maybe a thursday night (first time I saw "v"). Anywho,
that scene of the interior "visitor" saucer/ship with the endless rows and levels of
abducted humans was immensely frightening. What
do others think of that mini-series/show.

Posts: 2 | From: Kansas City, MO USA | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
trivebij
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1197

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for trivebij   Email trivebij   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i thought that the series was excellent. mind you, i was about 6 when i first saw the series and i did not understand much at that time. when i saw the series again on the science fiction channel couple of years ago, it all made sense to me, and i really liked the series, although i thought it was a bit far fetched at times and ,,, well, why did the aliens not capture the rebel humans, after all they did have all of the most powerful technology to do so, instead they just gave threats to them face to face with no capture. acting was good and costumes were cool too and so was the lizard outfit.
good series!!

Posts: 23 | From: london, england | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only saw part of the series myself, but there was a really large book called "The Directory of Prime-Time Network TV Shows" (or something like that title!), which describes the cast-list and the story of every TV show on prime-time.

In that book, the authors claimed that the story and plot behind the "V" series had a lot of sci-fi parallels to what happened in Nazi Germany during the 1930's.

The IMDB.com page for the "V" series shows quite a number of fanpages.

Click on these for more info:

http://us.imdb.com/Details?0086822

http://www.mindpulse.com/users/lizlady/index.htm

http://us.imdb.com/TUrls?MSC+0086822

Hope this helps!

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I gotta say I really enjoted this series, except one bit - when they showed the alien eating the mouse I shuddered!
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  | Report this post to a Moderator
CheekiMunki
Rewinder
Member # 101

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for CheekiMunki   Email CheekiMunki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That series rocked. I was small when it came out, but I saw it from beginning to end and wished it kept going.

I was traumatized by the little girl metamorphosing into the teenage girl in the cocoon thingy in the cave!

Posts: 31 | From: Tampa, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
kenkobra
Master Rewinder
Member # 892

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kenkobra   Email kenkobra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK I was only like 10 years old when the Movie/Miniseries was on. I can remember sitting down with my father every Sunday nite for 3 weeks watching this. It was on ABC Sunday Night Movie. Anyone else remember that? I also really enjoyed the miniseries. I would watch it on Friday nights with my friend T.J. Now that was back in the days.
Posts: 224 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 1  | Report this post to a Moderator
Mlle_green
Rewind Curious
Member # 380

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Mlle_green   Email Mlle_green   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved V! i used to sneak over to my neighbours house to watch it every night because my parents didn't want me to see it at such an impressionable age! i thought that the alien Diana was the coolest chick-- even if she was part lizard... well, all lizard really.
~molly

Posts: 5 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home