iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » favourite Nightmare On Elm Street ???? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: favourite Nightmare On Elm Street ????
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched part one last week...........and part of 2........I have a dvd that has all first 4 movies.

Freddy scared me as a kid I would sleep with my legs and arms crossed because that would keep me safe from Freddy in my little mind [Smile]

Now I can really enjoy them for all the 80s scary teen movies they are!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i haven't watched the freddy movies in a while, except part 1.

i want to revisit part 4..to see if i still like it.. it's been so long. that 'roach' thing always gave me the willies!

i would have to say that part 1 and 3 are the best.. while one is classic.. part 3 is creepy too.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zach
Master Rewinder
Member # 9459

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zach   Email Zach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part one will always be the scariest and the best of the franchise for me. Freddy Krueger was more of a monster than a practical joker, which he became later on in the series. That scene where he chases Tina down the alley is downright creepy. It still gives me the chills. And who could forget Glen being sucked into his bed and then being shot out in a volcano of blood?

The best of the sequels, without a doubt, is number 3. I liked how Nancy returned and acted like a mentor to the group of teenagers to help them fight Freddy together. Not to mention Heather Langenkamp was extremely beautiful in this one.

Posts: 122 | From: Beverly, MA | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I own the Freddy box set, a couple of years ago i decided to face my fears and watch a freddy movie so i bought the box set and watched one after the other!
I like the 3rd one with Patricia Arquette

Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the scariest i think is the first, but its hard to choose a favorite out of the first four.

the sixth was the weakest, five was decent.

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5 is the worst for me. When I first seen New Nightmare I liked it, but have hated it the times since.
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i thought new nightmare was interesting. the leather trench coat was boss.
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't really care for New Nightmare. I like the post-modern concept of it, but in a lot of ways the movie just falls flat for me.
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first is most def the scariest. After that, they weren't scary anymore. But 3 is my favourite. 4 is pretty good. 2 is a piece of crap, 5 is somewhat watchable, but not that great. The rest I don't remember, even though I have the box set, and have watched them all recently.

[ 25. March 2011, 10:44: Message edited by: JAY LEE ]

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
original always takes the crown...3 comes in close second.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like them all....including New Nightmare. Part 3, Dream Warriors, will always be my favorite. I love the soundtrack as well. Dokken is one of my favorite bands ever too!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zach
Master Rewinder
Member # 9459

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zach   Email Zach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just rewatched Dream Warriors last night and it was as scary and good as I remembered it. What I noticed this time out was Jennifer Rubin's performance as Taryn, the recovering heroin addict. She totally stole the show with her part and did a fantastic job. My only complaint was that Taryn got killed off early and didn't get to participate in the final battle.

BTW, I really liked the punk outfit she wore in her dream.

"In my dreams I'm beautiful. And bad!"

Indeed!

-

I also liked Ira Heiden's role as Will and felt so sad when he died. I would have figured that he'd survive the movie because he was the "brains" of the group and had the coolest dream powers. Oh well, at least Will got to blow up that spiked wheelchair.

-

He's still the Wizard Master!

Posts: 122 | From: Beverly, MA | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nostalgic for the '80's
Ace Rewinder
Member # 37454

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Nostalgic for the '80's   Email Nostalgic for the '80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The idea of not being able to go to sleep because a creature/monster coming after you in your nightmares can destroy you (in real life) is quite terrifying, moreso when you're a kid (as I was back in the '80's). Also, the image/persona of Freddy Krueger was quite horrific & iconic.

Re: ranking the films, Nightmare on Elm Street 1 & 3 (Dream Warriors) are my favorites, with DW ranking slightly over 1. DW really took the concept introduced in the first film & explored it a lot more - making for a much more satisfying movie.

That being said, the ending of #1 was great, and extremely unexpected.

#2 was awful, and I don't remember much about 4-on - though I have seen all of the films.

I didn't like the 200X NOES re-make; I've seen it once, and don't have any desire to re-watch this.

Posts: 400 | Registered: Sep 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hated the remake as well Nostalgic but loved Elm Street 2 which I found to be the most creepy,Original is my fave though followed in this order by parts 3,4,2,7,6,5 and lastly the remake which I thought was attrocious!
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Parts 1 and 3 by far. They are the best ones of all of them. I saw the first four films in the theater when they were released. After that it was video/dvd.
Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home