iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Andrew McCarthy TV Film/Movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Andrew McCarthy TV Film/Movie
Fontessa
Rewind Curious
Member # 6344

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fontessa   Email Fontessa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched a two part drama years ago (late 80's/early 90's) with Andrew McCarthy where in it he was going to marry a blond girl who he had been with for years and then he fell for a girl in a local department store who I am sure was Sarah Jessica Parker. Other things that happened were his mother dying, his older prodical brother turning up and eventually he married SJP and they live happily ever after.

Can anyone please remember what it was called and if it is available anywhere?

Posts: 4 | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fresh Horses. The girl was Molly ringwald, not SJP.

IMDB Page HERE

it is available on DVD from Amazon UK HERE or Amazon US HERE

Hope you enjoy it again!

Paul

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fontessa
Rewind Curious
Member # 6344

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fontessa   Email Fontessa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. Thanks for that but I've just read a synopsis for that film and I don't think it's the one I mean.

Thank you anyway for your help.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the only one he was ever in where he was going to get married and then fell fro a shop girl....

Inless you got the Andrew McCarthy bit wrong...?

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fontessa
Rewind Curious
Member # 6344

Rate Member
No it's definitely AM as me and my friend love him and I could have sworn it was SJP too. I will watch Fresh Horses anyway as it sounds like a really good film and if you are right I will let you know.

Thanks agian for all your help.

Fontessa
Rewind Curious
Member # 6344

Rate Member
Hello 'PS Its Paul' if you're still there?
I watched Fresh Horses and it definitely wasn't it. I didn't really like it. It certainly wasn't his best film. Any other suggestions. Do you know if AM has a fan club still ha ha!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home