iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Help with hopelessly obscure movie . . .

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help with hopelessly obscure movie . . .
ntmoose
Rewind Curious
Member # 6252

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ntmoose   Email ntmoose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you can figure this one out, you're GOOD! I know practically nothing about this movie. I saw the opening credits and that's all I can recall. The movie starts with a man's hands carefully cracking a raw egg and separating the yolk from the white. He goes through the process of mixing pigment into the yolk and begins painting with, you guessed it, egg tempera paint. It was on HBO in 1986 or 1987 when I first got cable TV. That's all I know. I changed the channel but now I have a need to know what movie it was.

Like I said, if you know this, you're good!

Posts: 3 | From: Ohio | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Displaying my knowledge of trivia here....

Egg was used as an ingredient in the painting of religious icons for centuries - because it provided a thickening agent, a fixative and a glaze all in one.

So I would guess that what you are looking for is somehow related to religious art (either the creation of or the theft of)

I'll keep digging

Paul

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ntmoose
Rewind Curious
Member # 6252

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ntmoose   Email ntmoose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Paul,

Thanks for the information. However, I know all about egg tempera painting, its uses, its composition, its history. That's not the information I need.

What I am looking for is the name of the 1980s MOVIE where the guy is mixing egg tempera. It's not a "how to" video, it was a feature film -- heck, it could have been a horror flick or a love story. I have no idea. I just need to know the title of a movie I know absolutely nothing about.

Posts: 3 | From: Ohio | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I completely understod that - my reason for adding more detail about this was so that it might spark a memory for one of our other members.

Let's face it, there's not a great deal of detail in your description for anyone to go on, as you know. Any other information that might have led someone else to the movie title you want should be welcomed, I thought.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilash
Master Rewinder
Member # 6155

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for evilash   Email evilash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My guess would be looking up movies for HBO made in those years.
Posts: 327 | From: Lebanon, OH | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aceofspades70
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6247

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for aceofspades70   Author's Homepage   Email aceofspades70       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A wild guess here for the K.I.S.S. method?

Type in "eggs in movies" or,

"pigment into the yolk" or,

any variation.

I'm sure it wil take a while, but something may come up.

Heck, you may start a website with variation quotes of movies to find the titles.

Posts: 90 | From: Nashville, TN. | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only theatrical movie that I recall which had a scene with egg tempera paint was "An Unmarried Woman" (1979). But the movie doesn't start off with that scene. So, it's probably not the one NTMoose had in mind.
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ntmoose
Rewind Curious
Member # 6252

Rate Member
Thanks, Steven. I'll check that out and I'll let you know if that's the one I'm thinking of! Cheers!
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure this was a horror movie but I'm damned if I can remember what it was!!!!

noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home