iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » a christmas story

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: a christmas story
evilash
Master Rewinder
Member # 6155

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for evilash   Email evilash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even though I am not ready to let go of Halloween, every one else seems to be getting ready for Christmas. I took out my A Christmas Story DVD and let my 2 year old watch it. She especially liked the "Mommy's little piggy" part. Anywho, I suddenly remembered that it was my boyfriend's favorite movie and I started looking for gifts that were related online. I found http://store.thundermall.com/christmasstory.html
It had the best prices on leg lamps and ornaments. I purchased a leg lamp "head knocker" (bobblehead). And I got the 3 piece ornament set. He doesn't have any X-mas decor so this is expecially exciting! Check it out. They're unique gifts. [Cool]

Posts: 327 | From: Lebanon, OH | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen a couple of leg lamps about in Sears and J.C. Penney over the years.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a great site. I remember one year I saw a bunch of figurines of the whole family and it was at Sears. I should have nabbed it because I haven't seen anything like it since then.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilash
Master Rewinder
Member # 6155

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for evilash   Email evilash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
on my quest for leg lamps i saw the whole set of figurines. google it.
Posts: 327 | From: Lebanon, OH | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In college we made a leg lamp out of a mannequin leg. It turned out great and was a huge hit with all the visitors to our house. This is a great movie! I think I will wait until Thanksgiving to start watching the Christmas movies. Although Christmas Vacation sounds like a great movie to throw in tonight.
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilash
Master Rewinder
Member # 6155

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I found an unopened vhs of PeeWee's Christmas Special. My kid was hooked on it a month ago. It would be fine exept for the horrible kd Lang rendition of Jingle Bell Rock.
As for the Christmas Story stuff, I thought it would be cool if I could find a card to match. If anyone sees one, let me knows.

Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I watch Pee Wee's Christmas Special very year with my students. It's all part of my Christmas party, which is always rockin'!

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilash
Master Rewinder
Member # 6155

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Are we all invited? [Confused] [Smile]
evilash
Master Rewinder
Member # 6155

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has to watch it. I do love Pee Wee but not the same episode every day at least twice a day. I need to get cable again.
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are a BUNCH of "leg lamps" on ebay right now! Hurry....
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home