iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » oh my eyes my eyes!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: oh my eyes my eyes!!!
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so this is my story......the sweet as ever Cindy Mancini put an awesome halloween package together for me......with some great movies I haven't seen......

I'm watching Sleepaway Camp for the first time ever, which I have to say is an awesome movie!!

But i've been totally grossed out....and no it's not the blood and gore or the horrific final scene.........it was the nasty gross scary soooooo incredibly disgusting

MEN IN HALF SHIRTS!!!!!!! OMG I don't think i've watched a movie in awhile that had men in short shorts and half shirts with Robin Willams-esque hair bellies.........ok my eyes are still burning.....am I the only person that noticed this as wrong??? haha [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah- lotta bad fashion in that one! how I MISS THOSE STRIPED GYM SOCKS PULLED TO THE KNEES (NOT REALLY)

DID YOU LOVE RICKYS TEN GALLON HAT OR WHAT?????

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mamamia I'm not sure if I noticed that??? maybe I was still blinded.........what parts it in? lol [Smile] It was a great movie I really wanna see the sequels now....do you love them?
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilash
Master Rewinder
Member # 6155

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for evilash   Email evilash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't know why guys back then dressed like they wished they were in flash dance. About five years ago I saw a guy practicing football in the park wearing a half sweat shirt with the sleeves cut off.
Posts: 327 | From: Lebanon, OH | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YIKES! [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it would be more accurate to say the clothes in Flashdance reflected what people were already wearing. It was part of the 'Fame' influenced time to dress like you were a dancer (leggings for girls, etc) and because fashion in the 80's was more nebulous, boys and girls looks sometimes crossed over.

Even though I never thought it was a great look for guys, I still miss the variety of fashions there were for men in the 80's. I think the ethos of the era is summed up very well by the title of Sigue Sigue Sputnik's first album: 'flaunt it'.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When they go to the dance about the middle of the movie Ricky has on a huge cowboy hat! Its hard to miss!

I loved Part 1 and 2. I really didnt care for Part 3 and I havent seen any of the variations on Part 4 yet.

That movie is FUNNY though. I laugh my head off everytime I watch it!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home