iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » evil, vengeful mothers!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: evil, vengeful mothers!
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
after watching "Nice Girls don't Explode" I got the idea for a thread.......maybe not to mention my own mother is on my nerves a bit lately......haha

They may seem to be evil, overbearing, critical....etc. but they are your moms and they do it cause they love you! haha

So my question is........what are some great 80's movies with Evil moms......??? Maybe the plot revolved around them maybe they just played a small part to the story???

Alright so

Nice Girls don't Explode
of course.......Mommie Dearest...evil evil mom

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The mom in FLOWERS IN THE ATTIC. (Grandma was even worse!)
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

What about Carrie maybe? Or is that mom just nuts?

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Willow in the end (really, Bavmorda should have known that having daughters when you're an evil overlord all but guarantees they'll fall for the hero).
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol yes Carrie of course.......Devo since it's 70's I didnt say it, thinking i'd get backlashed hahaha!

What else all??? i'm in a mood for mean mommies!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While it would be a small screen example, and she's not evil per se as far as we know, I do find Alicia Hinkley sick and vicious given her habit of throwing VERY low blows at Ralph to try and discredit him and clearly feeding their son outright lies on him to try and turn him against him. It's a firm testiment to Ralph's fortitude that he never strikes back in these situations and encourages Kevin not to take sides. How effective this proved is anyone's guess given the character disappeared after season 1, and most fan writers seem to agree there was a strain between them over this and the suit. I wouldn't have minded if they had done an episode was Alicia was with the bad guys for whatever reason and ended up getting her just desserts (on the other hand, then, who's to say she didn't when we weren't looking...)
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Grovers mom in the Invisible Kid......she was one nasty mean mom.....giving him a heard time, talking bad of her late husband.....what a nasty lady.....played by the wonderful B Movie Queen Karen Black.
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about Jasons mum in Friday the 13th,you don't get much more crazy than that.
Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Ricky's mom from "Better Off Dead"?
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Julia Cotton, the evil stepmother from Hell(raiser) and Hellraiser II: Hellbound...Personally I think she got a bad rap. Mrs Cotton was a nice lady...besides procuring victims in an attempt to conduct a cross-dimensional act of satanic necromancy designed to bring her psychopathic lover back from the deepest crevice of hell, that is. Well nobodys perfect!
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home