iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The GOONIES!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The GOONIES!!!!
J_Muir
Senior Rewinder
Member # 243

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for J_Muir   Email J_Muir   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are there any Goonies fans out there??. I personally fell in love with that movie when i was young. I watched it every day!! To this day I still think it was one of the best 80's movies made!
Posts: 55 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree! Goonies is an 80s classic. I loved it when I first saw it at the theater and I love it now! I heard that Goonies 2 is in the works. Not to sure if I'm happy about that. What do you think? :)
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read that too Ali. I saw all the pics of the ppl that will return. I am not sure what to expect of this..but we'll see. And yes, Goonies rocked my socks.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  | Report this post to a Moderator
JETTA00
Senior Rewinder
Member # 240

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JETTA00     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HEY YOU GUYS!!! hahahha yeah GOONIES was so awesome and sooooo 80's. I don't know how I feel about a second one coming out because it will be so modern and with none of the original cast probably! I hate when they do stuff like that...like just let THE GOONIES be a one time thing and don't try to spark it up after it has been dormant to the media since like 1885 or whenever it was made!
Posts: 64 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
JETTA00
Senior Rewinder
Member # 240

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JETTA00     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i mean 1985-hahha i wrote 1885 by mistake :)
Posts: 64 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
J_Muir
Senior Rewinder
Member # 243

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for J_Muir   Email J_Muir   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well i'm glad to hear there are some goonies fans out there!. I have also heard of Goonies 2 being made. The origioal cast is set to be in it as well. But i dunno....if it sucks then it may leave the gooines with a bad rep and that wouldnt be so good.
Posts: 55 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
trivebij
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1197

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for trivebij   Email trivebij   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what happened to chunk.

i thought that his acting was so funny!! has he stared again in any other movies?

Posts: 23 | From: london, england | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeannie
Master Rewinder
Member # 260

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Jeannie   Email Jeannie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen pics of the original cast now, they're all so chumpy, I can't see it working now that they're all grown up! I think'll be cheesey and a crime against the original, which was a complete classic, I really hope I'm wrong though!
Posts: 119 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Klopek
Rewind Curious
Member # 375

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Miss Klopek   Email Miss Klopek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what you mean, I was really excited when I found out Sean Astin was gonna be in Lord of the Rings, but I think he looks like a beefcake. Still that was a good film anyway. I used to love the cartoon version.
Posts: 8 | From: Kent, England | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette
Master Rewinder
Member # 252

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Janette   Email Janette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a really good website about the Goonies. www.thegoonies.com
Unfortunately it looks like he lost a lot of his newer stuff, but he links you back to his old stuff. Which includes a list of a lot of the actors, who they played, and what they are doing now. If I'm not mistaken Chunk went on to college and is now a lawyer. He looks really good and seems to be doing well for himself.

Posts: 156 | From: Midwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Klopek
Rewind Curious
Member # 375

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Miss Klopek   Email Miss Klopek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The chinese kid from Indianna Jones is a martial arts choreographer

Posts: 8 | From: Kent, England | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure some of you saw the DVD. The entire cast nowadays is seen in a little box every now and then during the commentary. Chunk lost a lot of weight (just like Jerry O' Connell from Stand by Me), Keri Green, who I had a huge crush on back then, looks like a different person, Feldman is a big goof (at one point he called himself Corey Haim) Data was really quiet, barely spoke, Brolin looks like somebody's dad now, and you've all seen Astin, looks like a different guy.

Part 2 like 20 years later could be interesting. Like everything, all comes down to a good script.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
M80sgrl
Rewinder
Member # 332

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for M80sgrl   Author's Homepage   Email M80sgrl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love this movie! omg i can't wait till it comes out! i've spoken to Corey before and i know his wifes screen name and he said they are still in the process of writing the script and he can't wait to act in it. I've also heard that Samantha Mathis might also be in it (River Phoenix's last girlfriend) i love Corey Feldman he's one of my favorite actors so i cant wait for a Goonies 2 to come out i think it's gonna be really good!
Posts: 38 | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
kenkobra
Master Rewinder
Member # 892

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kenkobra   Email kenkobra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just picked this up at Target over the weekend for $3.98 + free movie ticket to see Ice Age 3. If you really think about it, they paid me to take the movie off the shelf. I planned on seeing Ice Age 3 with my son anyways. Can't beat that with a stick.
Posts: 224 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bmeri
Rewind Curious
Member # 8036

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Bmeri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
goonies wow, i almost feel the same about them as i feel about karate kid. movies that u watch everyday as a kid have a special place in heart forever i guess [Smile]
in goonies, my favorite kid was mouth, and my dream is to go on that goonies beach [Smile] )

Posts: 2 | From: zagreb | Registered: Jun 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy thread revival, Batman!
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenkobra
Master Rewinder
Member # 892

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kenkobra   Email kenkobra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by journey:
Holy thread revival, Batman!

I always make sure there is a thread prior to making another one. We don't need two of the same threads wasting space.
Posts: 224 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bmeri:
goonies wow, i almost feel the same about them as i feel about karate kid. movies that u watch everyday as a kid have a special place in heart forever i guess [Smile]
in goonies, my favorite kid was mouth, and my dream is to go on that goonies beach [Smile] )

Totally agree with you there. We used to watch either Goonies, Karate Kid, Labyrinth or Back to the Future on a Sunday when we'd all be round my Nans for dinner. Good days [Smile]
How annoyin is it when Troy shouts " Andy!!! You Goonie!!!" [Big Grin]

Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frightnight
Rewind Curious
Member # 8042

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for frightnight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is simply my favorite movie ever. i feel like the kid i was back when it came out in theaters every time i watch it.
Posts: 7 | From: Miami | Registered: Jun 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would bet 99.9% of all Rewinders consider The Goonies a personal favorite. We could probably use it as an informal litmus test for membership here.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
funakoshi
Rewind Curious
Member # 8053

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for funakoshi   Email funakoshi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dad introduced me to the Goonies when i was younger i loved it, one of my favorite parts is when sloth has his superman shirt on and jumps into the water. that and chunks dance is hilarious
Posts: 3 | Registered: Jun 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarkA
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8065

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MarkA   Email MarkA   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember seeing the Goonies as a kid, I stopped everything and watched in awe as these kids had all these adventures, I so wanted to invent stuff like data LOL, I even begged my mum for the NES Goonies game, sigh those were the days. Goonies and Big Trouble in Little China tow of my favs.
Posts: 11 | From: USA CT, originally from London UK | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What genuinely baffles me is how nobody ever mentions Enid Blyton's stories in relation to The Goonies. Things like 'The Famous Five', 'The Secret Seven', etc. The Goonies is just one of her mysteries updated for the 80's US audience. You have: the gang of kids; the Pirate treasure; the escaped criminals. Throw a little 'Raiders' in with a pop song and you have Goonies.

None of that means I don't love Goonies. Just that the kid-gang-solving-a-mystery felt very familiar to me when I saw it back in the day, and it still seems like The Famous Five to me now.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dacaria
Rewinder
Member # 2818

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for dacaria   Email dacaria   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone ever catch the uncut version or I should say extended version of Goonies? It showed once or twice on Disney Channel years ago, and it included the octupus scene that Chunk later mentions when they're on the beach.
Posts: 39 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home