iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » SKOW

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SKOW
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok...so here's a tough one....well it is for me anyway. Where can I get an image of the amanda jones painting from the end of SKOW???....and out of interest...does anyone know who painted it??

The net is throwing nothing my way [Frown]

Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Angel this is a post for the Rewind Gods! I will put out my vibes for you and hopefully you will come up with a hit! [Big Grin] [Wink]

In case they don't listen to me, have you tried looking in interesting trivia on imdb.com on SKOW page?? I'll check it out and see if anything comes up.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the easy answer is that Keith painted it - havevn't you watched the rest of the movie? [Big Grin]

OK - more serious.

This might help you:

-

The site this image is from is WWW.SOMEKINDOFWONDERFUL.ORG and is just about the best resource on the net for this, my favorite movie. Robert, the webmaster, is a guru, and I'm pleased to be able to claim some small part in helping him, especially with a few of the filming locations.

Unfortunately, I don't think the name of the actual artist is on his site, and if Robert doesn't know, then it might just be one of those big unknowns.....

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Additional to the above - I've just sent an email over to Robert, asking him the question about who the actual artist is. If I get a response from him, I'll post it here.

But do go visit his site - it's superb, and has loads of great stuff there, including a downloadable script, image galleries and movie trailers, shooting locations, and way more! It's one of our GOLD sites.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is so cool. Angel will be so excited. That link is awesome, a lot of cool stuff on it.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay!!! Thankyou so much [Smile] I half expected no one to reply to this post.....but you have restored my faith in 80's kindness.

I love you forever and ever X

Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

Hey - news for ya. Got a reply back from Robert, and whilst he didn't know, he suggested the credits might help - and the listings on imdb did just that.

They list someone called Han Xin as "portrait artist".

And I sure cant think of any other portraits (except maybe the one of Duncan's girlfriend without her skin...)

[ 09. September 2007, 13:01: Message edited by: P.S. It's Paul.... ]

Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
Cool...thankyou. I wonder if Lea got to keep the painting after the filming was over.....what a cool thing to have hanging in your house.

Paul...although it goes without saying...you...are a legend!

X

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

Aww shucks!

As always, you are more than welcome, Angel.

[ 10. September 2007, 13:15: Message edited by: P.S. It's Paul.... ]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home