iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Boy Who Could Fly

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Boy Who Could Fly
BabyLove19781999
Ace Rewinder
Member # 2336

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for BabyLove19781999   Email BabyLove19781999   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the name of that movie about that teenage boy who sits on the window ledge of the second floor of his house, trying to fly. The girl next door looks at him from her bedroom window.
Posts: 371 | From: Ottawa & Fort Lauderdale | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if this is a trick question or the movie was called something different in the states but in the UK it was called...

...wait for it...

"The Boy Who Could Fly"

Glad I could be of assistance!

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mire Mare   Email Mire Mare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmm tricky one this but after hours of anguishing over your question I had a revelation, I discovered that buy simply looking to the left and going down the list of movies you will find that about number 87 there is indeed a film called "THE BOY WHO COULD FLY"

Ta Da!

[Smile]

I'll bet a Twinkie that its all about a boy who could indeed fly!

[Wink]

MM

Now let's "Play Jazz"

Posts: 165 | From: Coventry, United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Movie, Great Soundtrack and even Decent USA DVD (with commentary) [Smile]
Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The boy in the movie "Jay Underwood" is in commercials all of the time here in the US. Right now his in one for Lending Tree (a mortgage company in the US). He's also done a bunch of 'bit' parts on TV shows. Too bad his career didn't take off.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001809/

I wonder if he can still fly? [Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gigawatt?

Member # 4796

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gigawatt?   Email Gigawatt?   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone know if this movie is any good?
Posts: 106 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2006 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigawatt,

"The Boy Who Could Fly" is a great movie...

Check it out!

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nick:
Great Movie, Great Soundtrack and even Decent USA DVD (with commentary) [Smile]

What's up Giga -- you didn't believe me? [Wink]
Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gigawatt?

Member # 4796

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gigawatt?   Email Gigawatt?   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoops! Sorry Nick - missed that one. Might check it out now I know it's got your seal of approval. (Will if course purchase it via the Rewind PFR9000) [Wink]
Posts: 106 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2006 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
No worries Giga -- I was only kidding [Wink]

But yeah, it is a great movie. Kinda sneaks up on you. A very gentle movie as well, so don't bother if you prefer lots of action [Wink] This is more of a "character piece". Same director as the Last Starfighter and Lady in White if I remember correctly. [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home