iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » violent 80's movies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: violent 80's movies
Zombish
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5975

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Zombish   Email Zombish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking for violent 80's movies, anything from horror to action to sci - fi.

cheers people.

Posts: 21 | From: London , England | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noikz
Master Rewinder
Member # 1000

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for noikz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of 80's "violence" will look dated now. "The Boys Next Door" with Charlie Sheen and Maxwell Caulfield is pretty cool though. Awesome soundtrack too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090770/

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBXimE2YJP8

Posts: 239 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zombish
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5975

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Zombish   Email Zombish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh cheers, I'll look into picking this film up,
Posts: 21 | From: London , England | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mire Mare   Email Mire Mare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howard the Duck!

MM

Posts: 165 | From: Coventry, United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MM,

You are right! Howard the Duck scared the crap out [Eek!] of me!!!

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about...

- Commando
- Alien
- Aliens
- Predator
- The Terminator
- Platoon
- Full Metal Jacket
- The Hitcher (gotta see this one)

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zombish
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5975

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster04:
How about...

- Commando
- Alien
- Aliens
- Predator
- The Terminator
- Platoon
- Full Metal Jacket
- The Hitcher (gotta see this one)

I've got all them bad boys! and they are all great movies, I watched cammando last night has it goes.
Zombish
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5975

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mire Mare:
Howard the Duck!

MM

class film, but I'm sure over here it was a pg. ???
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mire Mare   Email Mire Mare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have to read between the lines!

Very Scary stuff once it clicks!

Not unlike the boat TRIP scene in Charlie and the Chocolate factory!

Christ that **** is bad to the bone!

MM

Posts: 165 | From: Coventry, United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CLASS of 1984
SAVAGE STREETS
any of those 80s slasher flicks like FRIDAY THE 13TH

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once upon a time in America. The greatest gangster film ever imo.
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Spencer
Rewind Curious
Member # 5857

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Henry Spencer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
8 Million Ways To Die.

The title is a real winner. Crime movie. Written by Oliver Stone (Scarface). Amazing picture.

I also recommend Tragic Hero. A Hong Kong Crime movie starring Chow Yun Fat and Andy Lau. Very violent. My personal favourite Crime movie from Hong Kong.

The Killer with Chow Yun-Fat if you haven't already as well. Essential John Woo movie with tons of action.

Die Hard, Lethal Weapon, Terminator and Robocop are infamously violent (especially Robocop, which is grotesquely violent).

Posts: 7 | From: Manchester | Registered: Jun 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zombish
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5975

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mire Mare:
You have to read between the lines!

Very Scary stuff once it clicks!

Not unlike the boat TRIP scene in Charlie and the Chocolate factory!

Christ that **** is bad to the bone!

MM

oh yeah def, any movie about a talking duck will sends chills through me for years to come [Wink]
Zombish
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5975

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
CLASS of 1984
SAVAGE STREETS
any of those 80s slasher flicks like FRIDAY THE 13TH

I've always wanted to get my hands on SAVAGE STREETS, I've got class of 1984 at home, firm fav of mine, cheers
Zombish
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5975

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Henry Spencer:
8 Million Ways To Die.

The title is a real winner. Crime movie. Written by Oliver Stone (Scarface). Amazing picture.

I also recommend Tragic Hero. A Hong Kong Crime movie starring Chow Yun Fat and Andy Lau. Very violent. My personal favourite Crime movie from Hong Kong.

The Killer with Chow Yun-Fat if you haven't already as well. Essential John Woo movie with tons of action.

Die Hard, Lethal Weapon, Terminator and Robocop are infamously violent (especially Robocop, which is grotesquely violent).

thanks for them, I'll check out 8 millons ways to die,

You gotta love robocop man!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home