iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Your top ten vampire films of all time? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Your top ten vampire films of all time?
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't remember too much about The Hunger movie-but the book was excellent. Great shot of Fright Night Val-that part made me jump the first time I saw it!

How about Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein? That was a good one [Smile]

Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Riptide, so glad to see Vampire Circus on your list and another's. That is a terrific Hammer Film and a personal favorite. I remember years ago the first time I saw the uncensored climax of that movie at a convention where a guy was selling a VHS copy of the PAL videocassette, and I was stunned. Man, did we get ripped off when it was released and censored in the U.S. I just read that Circus, Twins of Evil, and Hands of the Ripper (another personal favorite) may finally be coming to DVD courtesy Synapse later this year. It's about freakin' time! I've waited for these things for years to turn up on the legit market.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Valley, you put Vampyros Lesbos on your list! Who-hoo! Nifty "out-there choice"! I remember being a kid and reading all the genre books and magazines and seeing the same four or so photos of Soledad Miranda from the movie, which, of course, never played at all in the U.S. And then, we got the new century, and now I am the proud owner of the DVD! When I hunted for these grail quests for years, and they finally turned up, more often, I was so disappointed because they were less than what my mind's eye imagined. Not so for Vampyros folks!
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have Twins of Evil and Hands of the Ripper. They've been available on R2 for a while. Great films [Smile]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
I may be the only Hammer fan who doesn't really appreciate Twins. It's okay, but so far from The Vampire Lovers... Now Hands is a different story. It's terrific.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like Twins, but it does come around the bottom of the Hammer vamp films for me. But there's only one I don't like actually, Dracula A.D 1972, but I can never leave it out when I'm having a Hammer Dracula marathon [Razz]

[ 25. April 2010, 19:16: Message edited by: There'll be no morning for us ]

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
I agree with you on A.D. 1972. I am not a particular fan of The Satanic Rites of Dracula either, though the guys get plus points for trying something different. But I do think that Scars of Dracula, despite the threadbare production, isn't actually as bad as folks think. (Most hate the companion piece, Horror of Frankenstein, too, but I really like that one.)
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Yeah, I think Scars is great, I put it 6th in here. And Horror is so funny. The only Frankenstein I'm not keen on is Evil of Frankenstein.

Ooh I love Hammer talk [Big Grin]

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
I hear you and agree with you. Evil is just OK. It has a kind of a cookie-cutter, "programmer" feel, not terrible, just not terribly exciting or different. I know most folks like Revenge of Frankenstein the best, but I am very fond of Frankenstein Created Woman. It's just so well written and haunting. It has stayed with me for years as unforgettable, particularly the scenes where Susan Denberg takes out each of the bad guys (She's really beautiful, yet scary.) And I love the scene where Peter Cushng testifies at trial that he'd be a "doctor of witchcraft" if they gave out that degree. Just a splendid, beautiful horror film!

[ 26. April 2010, 12:13: Message edited by: Crash ]

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Ahh, Created Woman is the one I have the fondest memories of cos the BBC put that one on so much when I was a kid [Big Grin] My top 3 tho would have to be Curse of, Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed and Revenge. Making Peter a rapist in Must be Destroyed was just so wrong lol
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I even like that silly song everybody seems to hate in Lust for a vampire haha
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
coulda sworn I posted my picks in this thread before...but, I guess not...anywho:

The Lost Boys (1987)
Subspecies (1991)
Blade (1998)
Black Sunday (1960)
Dracula (Bela 1931)
Fright Night (1985)
Vampire Hunter D (1985 Anime)
Dracula's Daughter (1936)
Blood: The Last Vampire (2000 Anime)
Vampyros Lesbos (1970)

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 lost boys
2 blood ties
3 interview with a vampire
4 from dusk till dawn
5 bordello of blood
6 innocent blood
7 subspecies
8 dracula
9 near dark
10 vampire knights

Vampire tv progammes
Forever knight, (of course ) Buffy

Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every single one of you has forgotten or purposely neglected to mention Teen Vamp, I'm very proud of you all [Big Grin]
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Aww, I kinda liked Teen Vamp [Razz]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Bump, I want Harry's list [Razz] [Smile]
HarryCanyon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9143

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for HarryCanyon   Email HarryCanyon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Dracula (1931, 1979, 1992 Bram Stoker, Horror of Dracula and Dracula Prince of Darkness).
2. Nosferatu (1922 and 1979).
3. Let The Right One In and Let Me In.
4. Near Dark.
5. Fright Night 1 & 2.
6. Vampire Hunter D 1 & 2.
7. Martin.
8. Salem's Lot (1979 and 2004).
9. The Lost Boys.
10. Vamp.

Honorable Mentions: The Keep, The Hunger, Lifeforce, Thirst (2009), Lair of the White Worm, Blade 1 & 2, John Carpenter's Vampires, From Dusk Till Dawn, Interview with the Vampire, Blacula and more.

Posts: 125 | From: Santa Ana, California | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Yay, someone has finally included my fave horror, Dracula: Prince of Darkness  -
HarryCanyon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9143

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for HarryCanyon   Email HarryCanyon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I adored both Horror of Dracula and Dracula Prince of Darkness since 93 when i saw them on TBS at 12. I became a fan of Hammer.
Posts: 125 | From: Santa Ana, California | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home