iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Gleaming the cube...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gleaming the cube...
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a heads up that this hard-to-find classic is now available again on DVD in the UK.. they kinda sneaked it out I guess:

http://www.fast-rewind.com/cgi-bin/PFR.cgi?TUID=gleamingcube&PFRCategory=Movie&PFRCountry=UK&EUID=UK010100

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mire Mare   Email Mire Mare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi just ordered it for £5.48 inc P&P of FleaBay!

MM

Posts: 165 | From: Coventry, United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for james Andrews   Email james Andrews   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Nick. I'm fortunate to have this already, although I don't think it's as good as it could have been. A little disappointing.
Posts: 168 | From: Bedfont, England | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just bought a copy of Gleaming the Cube on eBay and think I might have been taken. The disc looks like a bootleg. Does anybody own the region 1 Artisan release that would be willing to post a pick of the disc itself so I can tell for sure?
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news, never got a chance to snag the original DVD. Slater's rad hairstyle and skating made a real impression on me back when I was an angry young man.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philblankenship
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7563

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for philblankenship   Author's Homepage   Email philblankenship   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for the near-spam but I LOVE LOVE LOVE Gleaming the Cube and want to share some of that enthusiasm with you in person:

If anyone's in the Los Angeles area on May 23, the New Beverly Cinema will be hosting a special 20th anniversary screening of Gleaming the Cube from an extremely rare 35mm film print. Currently Art Chudabala (Christian Slater's brother in the film) is scheduled to appear in person with other special guests!

Saturday May 23

Gleaming The Cube

New Beverly Cinema
7165 W Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90036
11:59pm, All Tickets $7

http://www.newbevcinema.com

Posts: 30 | From: hollywood | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really wish I could go to one of these showings.....I get the NewBEV myspace bulletins and want to cry in jealousy.......one of these days i'm gonna make it down there!!
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by journey:
I just bought a copy of Gleaming the Cube on eBay and think I might have been taken. The disc looks like a bootleg. Does anybody own the region 1 Artisan release that would be willing to post a pick of the disc itself so I can tell for sure?

Journey,

You can get this on ioffer.com as well. Some are real, some are copies.

Does the movie play? Are the menus functional?

This "is" from ioffer...

http://www.ioffer.com/i/83418116

Click on the picture to see a blow-up photo...

- jdocster

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that one in the picture a legitimate copy? If so, why is he only charging $6? That seems kind of fishy. But is that what the disc is supposed to look like? The one I got doesn't have any pics on the surface.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by journey:
Is that one in the picture a legitimate copy? If so, why is he only charging $6? That seems kind of fishy. But is that what the disc is supposed to look like? The one I got doesn't have any pics on the surface.

That is definitely NOT an official release. 90% of rare dvds that are sold on ioffer are bootlegs. I still buy alot from there and have never had a problem yet. They are pretty good quality....at least the ones I have bought from them.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
journey,

That was the only close-up I could find. I wasn't sure if it was legit or not, most are not from these sites, but as 80s rocked has found, most are pretty good. I'm not endorsing them, it's just my opinion... PM me if you have questions... [Smile]

- jdocster

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
Does anyone own a legit copy and could just describe what it looks like for me?
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I own the official scandi dvd but that doesn´t help much [Smile]
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a legit copy and will post a pic of the artwork when i can.
Have to admit i loved this film when i was younger it was second only to Thrashin,now when you watch it the pace is a bit slow and the skating is not as great as i remember.But still makes me want to dust off my Mike Mcgill deck and go for a skate when i watch it.
Also like the bits with Tony Hawk as a pizza delivery boy.

Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
I own the official scandi dvd but that doesn´t help much [Smile]

Me too.... with the re-titling SKATE OR DIE [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chimpanshane
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8248

19 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for chimpanshane   Email chimpanshane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does the DVD has an english subs?
Posts: 11 | From: Philippines | Registered: Sep 2009 | Site Updates: 19  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chimpanshane:
Does the DVD has an english subs?

Yes, it has got English subtitles.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097438/dvd

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home