iRewind Talk
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » what is this movie? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: what is this movie?
jennypink
Rewind Curious
Member # 5922

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jennypink   Email jennypink   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi i am lokking for a movie about a guy who in the begging of the movie knew someone or owned a gas staion but turned into a burger place and they had a secret sauce and people loved it. Does anyone know what it is??? Please e-mail me at jchabreck@yahoo.com !!!I you can't help me can you please tell me who can or who i can ask that might know?? PLease someone e-mail me something or someone that can help me?
Posts: 7 | From: Slidell | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WolfmansGotNards
Ace Rewinder
Member # 5910

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for WolfmansGotNards   Email WolfmansGotNards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That would be Fast Food from 1989. It's almost odd seeing Jim Varney *not* play Ernest!

Read a little more at: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097335/

As I recall HBO played it pretty regularly. I picked up the DVD a while back - the disc is nothing special, but at least the movie is there [Smile]

Posts: 400 | From: The 80's! Where else?! | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mire Mare   Email Mire Mare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Woooo there jennypink and take a breath, from what I can decipher from your post the movie that you are trying to describe and as mentioned by WolfmansGotNards is Fast Food!

Great use of the English language by the way, LOKKING, STAION & I YOU CAN'T HELP ME are classic in fact I laughed more at your appalling grammatical errors then I did the movie you are so desperately looking for!

See no need to email you the answer are posted right here!

MM

Posts: 165 | From: Coventry, United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not to be a jerk but if you are going to pick on someone for the grammatical mistakes you should really proof read your post before you hit add reply.

"are classic in fact" should be "are classic. In fact" or "are classic, in fact".

"the answer are posted right here!" should be "the answer is posted right here."

Bob

Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mire Mare   Email Mire Mare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I know it was a bit of fun my apologes to those who where ofended bi it!

MM

Posts: 165 | From: Coventry, United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennypink
Rewind Curious
Member # 5922

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jennypink   Email jennypink   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know what if you have nothing better to do than type on the internet bashing people than go right ahead. Let me guess you live at home with your mom still, your really ugly, let's just call you a dork, and i'm sure you have no life so it makes you happy to get on the internet and tpye crazy thing and mean things to people. Wow!!!! Your a great person!!
Posts: 7 | From: Slidell | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
Hi Jennypink are you are venting spleen at me?
I guess I deserve it, I did subsequently apologies but I guess I spelt it wrong!

1. Your right I had nothing better to do at the time.

2. Yes I do not live at home with my mom.

3. Yes I am really ugly.

4. Yes I am a dork.

5. Yes I have no life.

6. Yes me crazy

7. Yes I am a great person..er..dorry I mean no!

Hang on a sec this sounds like the profile of the type of person who visits those type of 80's retro sites, wow you got me pegged!

Fancy a date!

MM

jennypink
Rewind Curious
Member # 5922

Rate Member
No thanks I can only imagine what you look like. Wow you sure do get on this site alot?? Maybe you should go to the nearest store and buy a life!!LOL
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
Hi JP you sure know how to hurt a Dorks feelings!

MM

PrincessAsh83
Rewind Curious
Member # 5953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for PrincessAsh83     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apologies... should be ... apologize

Your... should be... You're

dorry... should be... sorry

those type... should be... these types

By the way, you did not describe ALL retro movie buffs. I am not ugly and I have a life. I suggest getting one.

Posts: 10 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Errr... Hang on a minute folks. They say "two cultures, divided by a common language" (or something like that...) [Wink]

I just thought it worthy of mention before we get carried away that Mire is obviously from England and it's customary there to use irony and sarcasm to be self deprecating. I know it doesn't always read that way to other cultures, but I can see that it was intended as an apology...

And lets not even go there on spelling, folks, or we'll be arguing for years. Many words that have a "z" in the good ole US of A are spelt with an "s" in England and often grammar is different.

-Anyways, I just thought I'd mention these things [Smile]

I know its hard, b/c we read what we've written in the way we intended them to be read.

Princess, Mare was only making fun... I'm sure of it.

Mare, please do try and remember that other cultures may interpret sarcasm (irony) as your actual feelings.

Nick, you've babbled on too much! Ooops! Sorry... [Wink]

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennypink
Rewind Curious
Member # 5922

Rate Member
You people are all CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
Yep like a fox, sexy lady!

MM

WolfmansGotNards
Ace Rewinder
Member # 5910

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for WolfmansGotNards   Email WolfmansGotNards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do believe that romance is in bloom! [Smile]
Posts: 400 | From: The 80's! Where else?! | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
Wolfy my man its the old love hate thing!

MM

Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LMAO - God I've missed this place x
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
JP do you wear thick rimmed glases and/or have a brace!

MM

Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
How about you Princessass83 you claim to be a looker but on the dorkus sexus chart where do you stand or sit you could be disabled for all I know!

MM

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sarcasm? What's sarcasm? Are you implying that British comedies and Brits in general like sarcasm?

God I miss Benny Hill... [Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is Mire Mare really Sam Hain in disguise???...honestly...I really have missed this place and endeavour to come here more often [Smile]

X

Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i wish sam was here, earth angel. but he isn't. he hasn't been able to log on for the longest time.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
Who is this Sam, he sounds like one cool hombre!

MM

Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
If you aren't Sam then you have been deprived at the Kray type partnership that would have developed from you two cyber meeting.

Nowhere Girl - were you called something else before???

X

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, my screenname was Ronnie...which is my name.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home