iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » *Stand by me*

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: *Stand by me*
M80sgrl
Rewinder
Member # 332

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for M80sgrl   Author's Homepage   Email M80sgrl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is my favorite 80s movie i love this movie has any1 else here seen it or a fan of it?
Posts: 38 | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was a great movie; one of the best "coming of age"-themed films from the 80's.

What suprised a lot of people at the time when this film came out was:

(1.) How entertaining and well-made on such a low budget.

(2.) The film was NOT considered as a bloody horror film, even though it was based on a short story by horror writer Stephen King!

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
M80sgrl
Rewinder
Member # 332

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for M80sgrl   Author's Homepage   Email M80sgrl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was born a few years later after this movie lol, but i've heard that it suprised so many people because it was a Stephen King book and it wasn't a horror movie. this movie always makes me cry especially at the end when Chris Chambers dies :( i used to be obsessed with River Phoenix.
Posts: 38 | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
JETTA00
Senior Rewinder
Member # 240

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JETTA00     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey I like Stand By Me very much, I think it was a great story about boys and growing up. Some of the characters were more mature than others, which I liked, it shows four very different types of people coming together to form a great bond of friendship! A classic.
Posts: 64 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree! I have always felt that this is a true coming of age film that can be embraced from generation to generation. With a superb cast and excellent writing, Stand By Me is almost unforgettable! :)
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Stephen King is best known for his horror novels. But he has also written some very good non-horror stories, and some of them became movies too, and very good ones, IMHO.

Including:
Misery (more suspense than horror)
The Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
Hearts In Atlantis
Stand By Me
(from King's short story, "The Body")
The Running Man (which he wrote under the pseudonym of "Richard Bachman")

And some others that I forgot to mention now.

My personal feeling is that we may as well enjoy Stephen King's work while we can. Earlier this year, it was reported that King is slowly going blind and recently announced that he will retire from writing books in a few years. This may explain why he has been involved in a lot lucrative deals for TV series and made-for-TV movies, such as the recent new NBC version of "Carrie". Perhaps he feels to get as much work and money done before total blindness sets in.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
seika79
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1098

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for seika79   Email seika79   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank u steven hw i love this movie stand by me and the outsiders are my favorite movies but to say thank because i'm a huge fan of stephen king and most people don't realize he has writen many books that are not horror to name some u didn't /different seasons witch features the body:a.k.a.stand by me and also
eyes of the dragon,the girl who loved tom gorden,any way the list goes on but thank u for mentioning it most people wouldn't have

Posts: 12 | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
M80sgrl
Rewinder
Member # 332

Rate Member
I'm reading the Body now and it's a lot different than the movie Stand by me, i just can't picture the charachters from the book in the movie. And Gordie acts a lot different in Stand by me than he does in the book. The book is good, but Stand by me the movie is better i love that movie.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home