iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Coolest film characters

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coolest film characters
james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for james Andrews   Email james Andrews   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark Rumsfield from The 'Burbs:  -
The movie is cool itself, it even has many websites dedicated to it. Almost as cool as Rumsfield himself, the ex-soldier and neighbour to Ray Peterson.
Some of his great lines: "Hey Ricky (Corey Feldman) get this lame-o out of your yard!";Mark Rumsfield-"Klopek. Is that Slavic?", Uncle Reub"NO!!", Rumsfield "About a nine on the tension scale there Reub"; "Rumsfield's the name. Don't believe I caught yours sonny?".

Posts: 168 | From: Bedfont, England | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for james Andrews   Email james Andrews   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 - Another great line from Rumsfield, when the neighbours go to meet the Klopeks-when offering a plate of brownies to Hans:"here you are sonny, a little something for the old sweet tooth." And when they search the Klopeks garbage for body parts-to the garbage man:"Who picks up this mess?Well you're going to pick up this mess because YOU are a garbage man!".
Posts: 168 | From: Bedfont, England | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even though he plyed a moroon, Bill Paxton's turn as Chet in Weird science was pretty awesome.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael Gross who plays Burt Gummer in Tremors is pretty cool. He has lots of ammo... :-)

http://scifi.about.com/library/graphics/tremors2.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burt_Gummer

- jdocster04

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
I really like J.D. from Heathers, my favourite Christian Slater film. Very much like Jack Nicholson, but still very cool. I wonder also before he moved to Westerburg, wether he was involved in other killings as when they create Heather Chandler's suicide note Veronica asks him that.
A great quote: "People will look at the ashes of Westerburg and say , 'Now there's a school that self-destructed, not because society didn't care, but because the school was society!".
 -

SwitchbladeNymphony
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5923

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SwitchbladeNymphony   Email SwitchbladeNymphony   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like Teddy Duchamp*Corey Feldman* from Stand By Me, one beause he's very cute, and he's like my male counterpart*yes I do act like that [Smile] * Also, Bobby Keller from Dream A Little Dream and the dwarfs from Time Bandits. Farmer Ted from Sixteen Candles, and Bender from Breakfast Club.
Posts: 14 | From: wilmington, nc | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mire Mare   Email Mire Mare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rumsfield does have some great lines and on the face of it is one cool hombre, however although he has all the gadgets and some great ideas he very rarely gets his hands dirty (DUSTBIN WAGON ASIDE) i.e. he never actually gets directly involved in any of the action!

Maybe that's why he is cool!

"Hey Pinocchio were do think you're go' in"

MM

Posts: 165 | From: Coventry, United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mire Mare   Email Mire Mare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then again are those Animal Crackers he is eating on the roof!

Snake Plisskin would not be impressed!

MM

Posts: 165 | From: Coventry, United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr Lawley, the drama teacher from "Teen Wolf"

"I want to feel you. I want to smell you. Hurt me.. Hurt me..."

[Smile]

Posts: 1025 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ness11
Rewind Curious
Member # 5925

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ness11   Email ness11   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Data from Goonies. He was funny. Also the younger brother in Just One of the Guys was the best!
Posts: 6 | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
AJ from Vamp was one cool dude!

MM

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom Cody - Streets Of Fire.

Can't get cooler.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
Ok more initials but RJ from NO RETREAT NO SURRENDER was another cool dude!

He had the moves, he had the style, he had the shower cap!

MM

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doc Emmit Brown, from the back to the future trilogy....

"precisely!"....."great scott!!!!!"...

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PrincessAsh83
Rewind Curious
Member # 5953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for PrincessAsh83     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doc is a great one "Smart Cool"

Clark W. Griswold "Dad Cool"

Pee Wee "Nerd Cool"

Sebastion "Crustacean Cool"

Long Duck Dong "Foreign Cool"

Jessica "Sexy Rabbit Cool"

Posts: 10 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason Patric as Michael Emerson- 'Lost Boys', what a summer this dude had, best time of his life, slept all day, partied all night, yeah, it really was fun to be a vampire [Wink] [Cool]
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
Howard the Duck!

MM

The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As in favorite strictly 80's film characters? OK...

For my broad-ranged list:

The adorable, animated cast members of "The Great Mouse Detective", "The Secret Of NIMH", "The Last Unicorn", "The Land Before Time", "The Chipmunk Adventure", "Rock & Rule", "Oliver & Company", "The Black Cauldron", & "The Little Mermaid" (mostly of the first film [Big Grin] )

The characters in "Purple Rain" & "Graffiti Bridge"

The cast of "Under The Cherry Moon"

Now, onto the list of *particular* favorites...

Paul & Irena Gallier in the "Cat People" remake

Gandhi in, well, it's obvious...

Elliot, Gertie, & ET in "E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial"

Alex in "Flashdance"

Gomer Pyle, Joker, & Sgt. Hartman in "Full Metal Jacket"

The Torrance family, Delbert Grady, & Halloran (sp?) in "The Shining"

Doc & Marty in "Back To The Future"

Batman, Vicki, & the Joker in the first "Batman" movie

Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
Sorry TMA I thought this thread was for the COOLEST film Characters!

You seemed to have compiled a bizarre mixture of you FAVOURITE 80's film Characters!

Most of which are NOT COOL!

Way to hijack a thread!

MM

just one of the girls
Master Rewinder
Member # 5766

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for just one of the girls   Email just one of the girls   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chucky from Child's Play [Wink]
Posts: 180 | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mire Mare:
Sorry TMA I thought this thread was for the COOLEST film Characters!

You seemed to have compiled a bizarre mixture of you FAVOURITE 80's film Characters!

Most of which are NOT COOL!

Way to hijack a thread!

MM

Wha...Well, I've never been so insulted in all my life! [Mad]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
Hang around Mousey and I sure I could be even more insulting if you want me to!

Or why not start a thread yourself!

Call it:

My favourite strictly 80's film characters!

Na Na Na Na Na!

[Razz]

MM

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home