iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Any fans of Twilight Zone The Movie?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any fans of Twilight Zone The Movie?
james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for james Andrews   Email james Andrews   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The initial scene when Dan Aykroyd becomes that monster always used to scare me as a young boy (not these days though, because I'm a tough guy).
Are there any other fans around here? I always enjoy short stories such as Tales From The Crypt, Tales From The Darkside The Movie and Cats Eye.
 -

Posts: 168 | From: Bedfont, England | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Twilight Zone: The Movie. When I was a kid, my parents took me to the movies to see it twice. I love the opening, with Dan Aykroyd ("you wanna see something really scary?"). My favorite has always been the one where the boy controlled his "family" and took away his sister's mouth.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for james Andrews   Email james Andrews   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Pettyfan. I used to be frightened of your favourite one, with the kid who controls his family with fear and other methods. One of my favourite directors Joe Dante (Gremlins 1&2, The 'Burbs, Explorers)did that one, but I think the ones I like the most is the opening and the final segment with John Lithgow, the first one with the bigot was powerful also.
It's funny watching them play that game when they have to guess the theme song the other is mimicking, and their love of Creedance (Bad Moon Rising is cool).
I have to admit also that (I'm not a racist myself)the parts following the diner scene with Bill Conner, I feel much sympathy towards him, during his torment in Nazi Germany and Vietnam.
It was a wonderful performance.
And I really like John Lithgow's (John Valentine) story in the plane, he was great in that.  -

Posts: 168 | From: Bedfont, England | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just one of the girls
Master Rewinder
Member # 5766

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for just one of the girls   Email just one of the girls   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When i was little me and my dad were watching this movie and when they said "Do you want to see something really scary" I would start crying.

I then remember being down my aunts after that and it was on and i starting crying when that part came on again.

No one let me live it down.

it use to scare me so bad. But, now i can handle it since i've grown up. ha ha....

Posts: 180 | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
I'm with you Just One Of The Girls. (I can't believe I found Dan Aykroyd scary.)  -

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home