iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What's your favourite film ending?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's your favourite film ending?
james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for james Andrews   Email james Andrews   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess there's so many, I like Pet Sematary's final moments when Lewis and his wife are reunited, and she reaches for a knife as become affectionate. Then Lewis's scream followed by the awesome song by the Ramones 'Pet Sematery'.
 -

Posts: 168 | From: Bedfont, England | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for james Andrews   Email james Andrews   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Real Genius's ending very much, I'm sure many of you do too. I wasn't into the song'Everybody Wants To Rule The World' until I was more alert to this film. The film was very intelligent also which I like.
Apart from Tombstone and when he played Elvis in True Romance this is my favourite performance from Val Kilmer, he was pretty cool in Top Gun.

Posts: 168 | From: Bedfont, England | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Pooh
Master Rewinder
Member # 5798

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Princess Pooh   Email Princess Pooh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the ending to 'An Officer and a Gentleman'. Cos i'm an old romantic. :-)
Posts: 156 | From: London | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are loads - the endings to Risky Business and Weird Science are goodm because they are both 'just in time for the parents to get home' endings.

I am duty bound to mention the ending to Some Kind Of Wonderful, where Hardy gets his dues, Amanda sorts her priorities out, and Watts and Keith get it on.

Uncle Buck has a great ending, as does Home Alone.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uncle Buck has a great ending, as does Home Alone. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Many Candy fans take the final shot of Buck waving goodbye to be a sort of forebearing of him saying goodbye to us as he would 5 years down the line from there (indeed, he did always sort of feel he didn't have long in this world, given that his father had also been felled young by his heart).

I do like that Hughes ended so many films with the characters smiling towards the camera in the last or next to last shot. It's like he's almost saying, "You've gotten good vibes from what you've been shown. Go out and share it with everyone you know."

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Some of my favorite endings deal with finding out what was going to happen in the future.

I love the end to Stand by Me. Also the end of Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

The end of Can't buy me love is great, riding off into the sunset.

Friday the 13th part 4 is the best ending of all those movies.

As a standard, of course Ferris Bueller has a great ending, where the movie doesn't end till all the credits are done.

There are more that I am forgetting right now.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just one of the girls
Master Rewinder
Member # 5766

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for just one of the girls   Email just one of the girls   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love the ending to SIXTEEN CANDLES when she gets the coolest boy in school Jake Ryan.

I also the the ending to BEETLEJUICE when Wiona Ryder is singing that fun song...Shake, Shake, Shake Senora

Also, THE BREAKFAST CLUB has a great ending and THE BURBS has an awesome ending.

I also like endings like CHILDS PLAY and NIGHTMARE ON ELM ST. that prove that Chucky and Freddy aren't dead!!

Posts: 180 | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
Can't Buy Me Love's ending was pretty cool, a popular film around here, although I don't think it would have happened at my school.
I like Patrick Dempsey's current show Grey's Anatomy. Amanda Peterson's other film Explorers has a cool ending when they're in a dream together flying.  -

Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stand by me has a good ending but sad
Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The good the bad and the ugly
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads." And so they go airborne and zoom towards us at 88 miles an hour bound for 2015, one final terrific moment of fantasy in one terrific realistic fantasy.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely Screwballs. Purity revealed [Big Grin]
Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also love the From Beyond ending. Excellent performance from Barbara Crampton.
Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

David Cronenberg's version of The Fly (1986)

It's not the shotgun-blast, but the image of a crying Geena Davis that leaves you completely devastated.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fightertown
Master Rewinder
Member # 7418

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fightertown   Email Fightertown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by james Andrews:
I like Real Genius's ending very much, I'm sure many of you do too.

Agreed!
Posts: 230 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gotta be escape from new york for me, another one though that came to mind was cobra, riding off on a bike, with 1980's bridgette nielsen on the back, with john cafferty playing in the background, dont get much better than that
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zombo
Rewinder
Member # 8405

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zombo   Email Zombo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, To Live & Die in L.A. had a memorable ending...
Posts: 32 | From: Monroeville Mall | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bearcatrock
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 9385

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Bearcatrock   Email Bearcatrock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
James Andrews is correct - Real Genius' ending is amazing.

Other favorites include:

Some Kind of Wonderful
(Lick the Tins backing a mega-kiss)

Anne of Avonlea
(Hagwood Hardy backing another, but this time bridge-based mega-kiss)

Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure
(I can't stop high five-ing people and walls when I watch it.)

Posts: 17 | Registered: Jan 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Demons (1985)

When the people are leaving the theater-making it a movie, within a movie, within a movie [Smile]

Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home