iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Very Long Plane Trip, What 80's Movies will i take

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Very Long Plane Trip, What 80's Movies will i take
thebazman
Master Rewinder
Member # 1741

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thebazman   Author's Homepage   Email thebazman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just bought Explorers, Monster Squad, Near Dark, Little Monsters, Back To School, Go-Kids (or whichever of its 3 titles u want to call it) & Howard The Duck.

im saving them up for the plane trip to Hong Kong next week. its a long journey from the UK, so i want to have lots to watch. roughly 19 hours total each way.

so what would you recommend? things to keep me awake during the trip.

Barrie [Eek!]

Posts: 142 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coffee, and lots of it.....
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You got Howard the Duck on DVD???? I wish it was available here!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thebazman
Master Rewinder
Member # 1741

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thebazman   Author's Homepage   Email thebazman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
funny you should say that cause mine actually came from America.

as you know its not officially released especially as Lucas hates it so much, but a company did get a hold of a remastered version. rumours are it came from the Lucas vaults.

anyway the sound and video quality is superb, its definitly been done properly by a real studio. no chinese subtitles or crappy VHS transfer. and no copied dvd-r, proper factory sealed.

http://www.raredvdlegends.com/ check out the screen caps from that site and you will see how it looks.

anyway i bought my copy on ebay, new & sealed, from a seller in Cleveland, OH. only cost about £10 including postage.

so untill Mr Lucas changes his position on releasing it officially, this will do me for now. lol

and unfortunately i cant stand coffee, lol

Posts: 142 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Airplane, just for the heck of it?

Personally, I don't know if I could ever handle a 19 hour flight; probably 7's my absolute upper limit.

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just one of the girls
Master Rewinder
Member # 5766

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for just one of the girls   Email just one of the girls   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
get one dark night...

i just bought it and watched it. i was pretty impressed with it.

Posts: 180 | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Films you probably wouldn't want to watch on a plane journey:

Twilight Zone: The Movie - "There's something on the wing!!"
Alive
Final Destination
Con Air
Fearless
Millennium (the film not the series)
Die Hard 2
pilot episode of Lost

On the subject of Howard The Duck, it was broadcast in America on a HDTV channel this year which is where the new crop of widescreen DVDs of it have come from.
The quality is top notch compared to all previous versions that were available (LD,VHS,normal tv broadcast), earlier this year I managed to download the widescreen version of Vibes from a HD broadcast but am annoyed I missed downloading the HD broadcast of Rad last year.

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home