iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What's Your Favourite Friday the 13th?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's Your Favourite Friday the 13th?
james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for james Andrews   Email james Andrews   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,guys. Does anybody have a favourite?
For me it's part 6 Jason Lives. Some criticise it as it has much humour : "If this is as good as it gets then we're in big trouble dude!" from one of the children at Crystal Lake, and "So what did you want to be when you grew up!" his friend asks him later on when maybe facing death.
I think it's a better made film than the other ones' although I enjoy them as well also especially 4,7,8,and even 9 Jason Goes To Hell.
Man Behind The Mask, Teenage Frankenstein are awesome songs as well from Alice Cooper and a cool atmo  - sphere throughout the movie. I wish though they had more scenes with Nikki, played by Darcy DeMoss (From Can't Buy Me Love, certainly a favourite for some of you).
Maybe I'd prefer Kane Hodder to have been Jason, but C.J. Graham was great. The beginning with Jason mimicking James Bond was pretty cool but maybe didn't belong in a Friday The 13th film.

Posts: 168 | From: Bedfont, England | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Alice Cooper One". Im not a huge fan of the FRIDAY THE 13Th franchise but my friend gave me a boxset one year for Christmas and every once and awhile we crack 'em out and watch 'em. The one with the Alice Cooper songs is my favorite.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a pretty cool topic...my fav Friday The 13th would have to be hands down pt3 not only was this movie in 3D this is the Friday The 13 that JASON VORHEES got the infamous Hockey Mask that we all know and love.
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part I, cause I've been to Camp Crystal Lake and it was insane to see the actual location used. I felt like I was in the movie. AMAZING!! After that, The Final Chapter.
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

It's well known around these parts that Part 4: The Final Chapter is my favorite of the bunch. Actors and cool deaths make it a great movie. After that I believe I place 6 then 7.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mel Gibson
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5831

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mel Gibson         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part 2, then Part 1, then Part 3-the rest stunk
Posts: 17 | Registered: Jun 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for james Andrews   Email james Andrews   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Devo. If you like The Final Chapter then you must like Crispin Glover. Strange man, especially in Back To The Future, At Close Range and he appeared on The Tonight Show With David Letterman.
Is he really like this?
You're really lucky Cindi to have gone to Crystal Lake, did it have the same atmosphere as in the films?

Posts: 168 | From: Bedfont, England | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
I like part 7 also especially for thescore and Lar Park Lincoln. It's too bad like many actresses of the time that she wasn't in too many other really cool films, with the exception of House 2 and an episode of Freddy's Nightmares(Did anyone see the last episode, I'd be interested to know how it ended).
Many like The New Blood as it is more of a traditional Friday the 13th movie as opposed to Jason Takes Manhattan, which takes place mostly on a boat.
The songs are cool as well in part 7 The New Blood, although difficult to find.
5 is my least favourite, some may disagree, I just can't seem to find much to like in it.
8 is also a favourite of mine, along with the song 'Darkest Side Of The Night' and Julias, the cool black guy. Shame his character was killed, I would have liked to see more of him: Julias-"School is out McCulloch !"

james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
Any Lar Park Lincoln fans?  -
james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
Hi guys. Is anyone a fan of part 8 Jason Takes Manhattan?  -
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah i forgot about Pt.8 it was a ok Friday The 13th "Extra Cheesy" but still decent enough to watch. Of course my fav scene is when Jason is on the roof with the So-called boxer dude and Jason lets the dude get his cute little punches in(i always wondered how the heck that guys fist was able to punch jason's hard plastic hockey mask so many times..one punch and his knuckles should have been busted) Anyway after the guy is finished and tired from throwing so many punches..Jason throws one punch and knocks that guys head SMOOTH CLEAN OFF!!! [Big Grin] P.S. it's kind of eerie and sad seeing Jason stand by former Twin Towers
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Saw part 8 in the movies. It should have been called, Jason takes Manhattan for 8 minutes.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home