iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Near Dark question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Near Dark question
james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for james Andrews   Email james Andrews   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone. I'm a big fan of the 1987 film Near Dark and was wondering why or if they even knew, that the characters Jesse, Diamondback, Homer and May never tried to get a transfusion? Caleb had a transfusion and became human again.  -
I think the obvious answer could be that they enjoyed their way of life and their immortality (especially judging by the bar scene)or they were just unaware.

Posts: 168 | From: Bedfont, England | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that either:

Once they had killed and drunk blood it may have been too late under vampire law...

or

They hadn't thought of it! [Wink]

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joshua Miller is so damn creepy. He always freaked me out in Teen Witch and I just saw Near Dark for the first time 2 months ago and he had the same affect. What's with that dude? Anybody know what he looks like now??
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah, Jenny Wright was great in this. What happened to her??? I loved her in The Wild Life too!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for james Andrews   Email james Andrews   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Cindi. On imdb.com there's a more recent photo of Joshua John Miller, I liked him in Teen Witch too. He seems to have away about him that I dislike but I've come to like him more in recent years, although I haven't seen him in a recent film since Death Warrant starring Van Damme.
Posts: 168 | From: Bedfont, England | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
As for Jenny Wright I haven't seen her either for a very long time. The dvd of Near Dark has a new documentary for the film although she wasn't there for some reason.
james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
Lance Henriksen, Adrian Pasdar and Bill Paxton also showed up in the documentary, but unfortunatly no Diamondback.
Surpirisingly Pasdar has changed very little in 20 years, he's also in a new show 'Heroes', but playing a much different character.
I like Lance alot, it's just that like many other cool actors it's tricky to find him in a filmthat I like, apart from the obvious ones. His show 'Millennium' I like also.
 -

james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
What's your favourite quote from the film? I like Jesse's "I taught Severen everything he knew!. But not everything I know!".  -

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home