iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » prom night 80s--your choice

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: prom night 80s--your choice
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, picture this:

You're back on the edge of seventeen (just like the one-winged dove sings a song; sounds like she's singing...). You walk into the school gym, ready for the final prom dance. Now, standing in a line before you as you come in are every 80s character of high school age of the sex opposite your own (and they need not be only from a film or show that was teenage-centric; any character between ages 15-18 is eligible for this). My question is, to whom would you walk up to and ask to have the honor of the dance all night long with, and why?

For me it would be a fairly tough call, especially given that I never really "dated" per se, rather just wishfully watched after attractive girls who were already taken, and chivalry demands...and I'm rambling yet again, forgive me.

As I was saying, it's a hard choice who my date would be, but in the end I think I would offer my hand to Jennifer Mack. Of all the characters in question here, she most fits my personal vision of an ideal woman: someone who's caring, empathetic, fairly intelligent (well, her report cards notwithstanding), and a warm outlook on life that would go well with neurotic me. Would it last after the night has gone? Maybe, maybe not. But it would at have a chance at working, and sometimes that's all you can ask for.

And so, who would you choose among these characters for your prom dates?

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ziploc
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5806

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ziploc   Email Ziploc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't really think of any 15-18 yr olds from the 80's that really caught my attention.

one girl I can think of that I label as an official "hot" chick of the early 90's would have to be Angelina Jolie when she appeared in "Cyborg 2" (93') I belive she is 18 in that film and she did a preety good part...and It was before she was even discovered as a celebrity icon.
when I first saw "Cyborg 2" I was probably around 9 and It was a re-run on cable TV ...my expression when I first saw Angelina Jolie was like Holy .... well you get the idea.

Posts: 22 | From: L3 colony cluster | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bazookajoe
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5794

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bazookajoe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elizabeth Shue
 -

Do I even need to argue my pick here? I mean she's smart, funny and gorgeous. Just perfect. I would prefer Adventures in Babysitting/****tail Elizabeth over the earlier incarnations though, but I'm not picky.

Posts: 15 | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Diane Franklin

Hubba hubba...
http://www.dianefranklin.com/images/Picture%20003.jpg

[Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bazookajoe
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5794

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bazookajoe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Diane Franklin will break your heart. A lesson well-learned from Last American Virgin.
Posts: 15 | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I'm lucky!!! [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gigawatt?

Member # 4796

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gigawatt?   Email Gigawatt?   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
10 Print "Phoebe Cates"
20 Goto 10
Run

[ 24. May 2007, 15:44: Message edited by: Gigawatt? ]

Posts: 106 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2006 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also would have to go Phoebe Cates. Not right.
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home