iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » another in need of assistance

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: another in need of assistance
stephanie1703
Rewind Curious
Member # 5763

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for stephanie1703     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This may be a strange request, however here goes,........ I unfortunately cannot remember the actual name of this film but I'll try my best to describe it. This has been irritating me for ages so would be a lifesaver if you could help. I'm sure it was late 80's early 90's, it was about a single father who had a teenage daughter who was a bit of a 'geek' and a younger daughter also. He himself had a girlfriend and as i recall, he worked at a radio station. The fathers girlfriend madeover the eldest daughter and she had the typical blonde permed hair of that era. The signature scene was her prom evening, she walked down the stairs wearing all white with over the knee white socks to boot. I actually think she ended up with the guy next door who was her best friend and fellow 'geek' before her re-vamp.

I can't even tell you who the actors were, Sorry I couldn't be more helpful but would very much appreciate being put out of my misery on this subject!

Much obliged,

Stephanie

Posts: 3 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's Out Of Control with Tony Danza and Amy Dolenz.

Bob

Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexandre
Rewind Curious
Member # 5760

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Alexandre   Email Alexandre   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with JCWBobC. The title of the movie you are looking for is "She's Out of control"
With Tony Danza, Catherine Hicks, Ami Dolenz and Wallace Shawn.

Go on YouTube and type "she's out of control" you'll see 2 samples of this movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QCmlkmK3_w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8aahTR6nDI

Tony Danza plays Doug, a radio D.J who is also the neurotic single father of two teenage daughters. His oldest daughter Katie is shy and on the geeky side. Doug goes away on a business trip for a week and returns home to find that his girlfriend has transformed Katie into a beautiful, boy-crazy bombshell. Doug now has to deal with Katie dating boys he does not like or trust. Doug's worst nightmare comes true when Katie is going to attend the senior prom with a rich, popular boy at school; who is notorious for his "casa nova" reputation with girls.

See you

Alexandre

Posts: 4 | From: Paris | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephanie1703
Rewind Curious
Member # 5763

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for stephanie1703     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much to you both! I can finally sleep soundly at night! lol. I have had a look for this movie and the movie 'teen witch' on dvd. Can get it but only reg 1 when I need reg 2, its most annoying! Anyway, thanks again guys, Steph
Posts: 3 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check the spec of your TV/DVD player Steph, a lot of our stuff over here can play region 1.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephanie1703
Rewind Curious
Member # 5763

Rate Member
Yea I have tried it in the past and it doesn't play on my dvd or dvd recorder, mind you I'm sure there is software I cld get
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
stephanie1703,

There are many 'region free' players on the market that really don't cost that much. This would open up a whole new world of DVD's for you...

http://www.regionfreedvd.net/
http://buyersguide.bargainoffers.com/region_free_dvd_guide.shtml

[Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home