iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » My 80s Makeover Collection

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My 80s Makeover Collection
StuckInThe80s
Rewind Curious
Member # 5744

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for StuckInThe80s   Email StuckInThe80s   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,
I'm trying to compile a collection of one of my favourite genres - the 80's Makeover Movie! So far it's a pretty sorry collection, comprising only She's Out Of Control, Can't Buy Me Love, Teen Witch, and I have the little gem, Student Exchange on order. Can anyone help me bolster my collection by suggesting other makeover movies for me to add? Thanks heaps!

Posts: 2 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what about some kind of wonderful. meatballs 2. ice castles. those are some that come to mind and clueless even though its 90s
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StuckInThe80s
Rewind Curious
Member # 5744

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for StuckInThe80s   Email StuckInThe80s   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True Clueless is from the 90's, but it's still awesome! I actually have it twice on DVD - the regular edition and the Whatever edition! Thanks for your suggestions, I will try to track down those titles.
Posts: 2 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK - call me dumb, but what constitutes a Makeover movie? If it's one where a 'plain Jane' type suddenly becomes the school beauty queen by the cunning ploy of taking off her glasses and letting her hair down... then SKOW wouldn't qualify - most excellent of all 80s movies that it is.

However, The Breakfast Club would qualify, because Claire gives Allison a makeover, and then Andy notices her....

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home