iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » FOOTLOOSE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FOOTLOOSE
JETTA00
Senior Rewinder
Member # 240

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JETTA00     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone I just wanted to say that I had never, in my 19 years on this earth, seen Footloose until this past Saturday night. I loved this movie so much. And for you ladies reading this...I never actually thought much about Kevin Bacon's looks but he is so good looking in this movie, seriously. Also I love the character of Ren...I like his attitude and his dancing in that old barn or whatever it was. Any of you think that he is good looking in this movie or like his character as well?? Anyone have any other thoughts on this movie aside from Kevin Bacon's looks and his chararcter?
Posts: 64 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ya, Bacon kind of had that rebel look going on. It was an ok film. Good for the 80's. What has Lori Singer been up to..anyone know?
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  | Report this post to a Moderator
JETTA00
Senior Rewinder
Member # 240

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JETTA00     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no idea what Lori Singer is up to these days. What else was she in besides Footloose, anyone know? By the way...how is Flashdance (never saw it).
Posts: 64 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Trixie
Rewinder
Member # 545

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Trixie   Email Trixie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually saw a picture of Lori Singer in some magazine my friend had. Didn't say what she was up to though.

Footloose was a great movie. It reminded me of where I live. It's the Bible Belt, alright. We can dance here, but we can't buy alcohol which just may be worse.

As for Flashdance, it's not bad. Wasn't one of my favorites.

Posts: 47 | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnie and Jetta00 wanted to know what Lori Singer has been up to these days and what other things she has done, so I did some Internet research.

Lori is the brother of actor Marc Singer, probably best known for the 1982 movie The Beastmaster.

Lori's other 80's movies included The Falcon And The Snowman, Summer Heat, and The Man With One Red Shoe, which starred Tom Hanks.

Before Footloose, Lori was also in the "Fame" TV show for one year. In fact, a then-unknown Madonna auditioned for the same role that Lori got in the TV show!

Lori is also an accomplished cello player.

Try these websites:
http://us.imdb.com/Name?Singer,+Lori

http://www.lorisinger.com

Hope this helps!

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
JETTA00
Senior Rewinder
Member # 240

Rate Member
thanks alot StevenHW!
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to know Steven. Thanks
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  | Report this post to a Moderator
M80sgrl
Rewinder
Member # 332

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for M80sgrl   Author's Homepage   Email M80sgrl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this movie! i agree Jetta00, Kevin Bacon's really hott in this movie. If any of you ever saw Sleepers, he really scared me in that movie he had to play the role of a rapist who worked at a Juvenile Delinquent center. I really lyk the song Footloose too, i remember back in the 5th grade i danced to it at a talent show lol. has ne1 ever seen Footloose on Broadway? I never have, but i
ve been told it was really good i want 2 see it.

Posts: 38 | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
JETTA00
Senior Rewinder
Member # 240

Rate Member
Hey M80sgrl, I saw Sleepers and he totally freaked me out. It was a disturbing movie alright! I love the song FOOTLOOSE too, it's a great classic. I have never seen it on Broadway, though I would like to some day! Since I am so close to NYC I should go!
Cherry Valance
Senior Rewinder
Member # 103

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Cherry Valance   Email Cherry Valance   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard that the stage performance for FOOTLOOSE is fantastic!!! My friend went n she said that the guys were hot as but they were guy:(
Posts: 74 | From: Australia | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
shawnzulma
Rewind Curious
Member # 1107

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for shawnzulma   Email shawnzulma   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone else notice how Ariel was kinda a bitch in the Movie? I sexy bitch but still. She kinda had the ass-whooping comming to her form her Boyfriend. After all, she did cheat on him when he was appearing to be be a good bfriend. then she kicks his trucks ass. HMMM
Posts: 2 | From: houston, tex usa | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home