iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Need Help....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need Help....
mike313
Rewind Curious
Member # 5703

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for mike313   Email mike313   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First i would like to say i'm new to the forums here at Irewind(very cool place here indeed)I'm a big fan of 80's movies and finally my collection is starting to grow(DVD wise that is)yet Its still one movie That i've been trying to search(and add to the collection)but no one i've asked has the slightest idea what i'm talking about or what it could be. I thought maybe someone on here could give me and idea as to what it might be.

From what i can remember the movie started off a woman heading to another country(i think africa) in search of something or someone...She runs into this guy name jack(or jake maybe)in small bar of some kind...I also remember the main male character having a sidekick who was dressed up in white suit, blonde hair and glasses...theres an fight of some sorts and they all escape together ...the main bad guy in the flim was a guy with a beard who lived in a manson, and i remember one part in the movie where his staircase turned into a slide(a trap of some kind)that drop its victims into a small pit with some lions...towards the end theres a chase thru some mountains i think..on a race towards the airport..the bad guy actually starts throwing cargo out of his jeep to gain speed and then ends up throwing out the driver as well..The ending i think was the main female character standing in front of a newstand and you come to find out the whole story was nothing more then pages she was reading from a novel.Yepp as you can see i only can remember little bits and pieces here and there...if anyone has a clue as to what this could be i would be forever greatful

PS..forgive me if the spelling is off(dont have my glasses on)

Posts: 1 | From: MI | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can only tie this in with Romancing The Stone, although the plot you describe has a few rogue elements in it that might be causing the confusion.
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Jake Speed' is what you're looking for:

Jake Speed

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home