iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Classic Movie Actor #1: Brian Backer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Classic Movie Actor #1: Brian Backer
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay when you think back to the 80's it is easy to think about stars that you can only remember from that decade. Today let's focus on Brian Backer who can be seen in Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Moving Violations, and Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol. He had a very productive career in the 80s and then viritually has disappeared from the screen. Do you feel that is because he has been type cast as a geek? What are your thoughts on Brian Backer's career??

In case you have forgotten him. Here is a link to his picture.
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/hh/0045637/HH/0045637/dbscan374.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Backer,%20Brian

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

The consumate get nowhere guy. Only got the girl once (fast times). I like the movies he's in, he's essential, but just ok in my view.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jessie, I really enjoy these threads, keep em coming. As for Brian, he is great in Fast Times and I couldn't imagine anyone else in that role. But as for his other movies, he's just ok. I'd say he definatley ran in to the problem of being type casted.
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I definitely agree with the fact that he has been type cast. I saw a picture of him recently and he looks exactly the same except a little more wrinkly! [Big Grin]
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home